Dipstick Oil Colour

What brand and spec oil is used in the Jaguar? Is this a Turbo engine?

Maybe you require something with a more aggressive detergent package or you have a ringer for a motor.
That oil is not golden, and it is hard to visualise the colour on the stick. If it is somewhat chocolate brown appearing on the dipstick, it could well be very contaminated.

On the exhaust soot, I would say since most vehicle have two converters, that the soot occurs during startup and just the first few minutes of driving. After the converter gets hot I would assume it would catalyse carbon to CO2

Enjoy the Jaguar! - Ken

It has 0w20 Shell Helix Ultra in it.

The engine is a 2l turbo direct injection engine.

You are probably right about the soot. I highly doubt it'd produce much during normal operation, just on the initial high fuel ratio start and warm up.

Thank you! :D

Since it's only a thin film of oil that stay on the dipstick, it will look much more cleaner compared to the same oil drained on a bottle, like the third sample on the video.
Case in point … quart of M1 with just 5K from GDI V8 and in white bowl

E338CBAF-EAED-4147-AC42-4C3260B4A85F.jpeg

no gdi here but, i see that a premium oil with organotungsten darkens much slower..

darkening can be from cleaning, or from oil self degradation.
well i guess lpg burns more clean than anything else, so the darkening last year couldn´t be from fuel.

Since it's only a thin film of oil that stay on the dipstick, it will look much more cleaner compared to the same oil drained on a bottle, like the third sample on the video.
This. You can't compare unless you compare in the same container or method. That oil on your dipstick looks like it'll be pretty dark in a jar. Transmission fluid is the same way.

Back