Delo or Pennzoil LL in 10W-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM

Has anyone ever seen Chevron Delo or Pennzoil Long-Life in 10W-30, in the US, at such places as Walmart, Autozone, PepBoys, etc. Maybe in the north? All's I see in the south is 15W-40. Thanks

I doubt that you will see any of these oils in the 10W30 weight at any of the major chains especially in the South. I have heard this complaint on many diesel sites by owners that live in very cold climates. It is almost a special order from the Distributor. Pick the brand you are looking for and look in the telephone yellow pages for Oil Dist. and call them. If they order with their normal ordering it may be cheaper, if you are not in a hurry and can wait.
Tony, br

Sorry to say the Pennzoil Long Life 10W30 is only available in 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon drums, and bulk. We have tried for years to get this product packaged in 1 gallon and 2.5 gallons jugs. But in all of their wounderful wisdom, the marketing department says there is no need.

Just got a case of Delo 10W30 in friday. It's available from auto jobbers in the Atlanta area, but I haven't seen it in any chain stores. Think it was around $17 plus tax for a case. If you really want some, I think they take credit cards and will UPS it.

LM is this for a diesel? If not then 10W30 Chevron Supreme uses the same base stock as delo but the additive content is lower.

No, it's for a mid to high mileage gas Saab. Doing Auto-RX right now. May just go the SL route. Delo 15W-40 UOAs have been consistently impressive.

May switch to synth (looking at Saab 0w-30 [maybe be a Mobil 1 derivative w/even more boron]) after I replace a rear main seal

Thanks for the responses

Maybe I should have said its possibly a Delvac derivative?

I'm running Delo 400 15w-40 in my wifes 99 Subaru Legacy now that the heat is here. {100+ degrees at lower elevations.} I'm very impressed with this oil so far.

I'd like to find the 10w-30 version for the cooler months but have not seen any in my casual searching.
I did see it all over the place in Alaska a couple weeks ago.
rolleyes.gif

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

Since Delo is primarily advertised for Diesels, I would check with truck stops in the north. It is available in quarts and gallons. Wholesale is about the same as the 15w40.

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
Sorry to say the Pennzoil Long Life 10W30 is only available in 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon drums, and bulk.

OK, I'll take the plunge and buy a 5 gallon jug of the 10W-30. Where would I get it????

I think the 5W-40 synthetics have pretty much taken over as winter-grade diesel oils. The availability of 10W-30 will continue to decline just as 15W-40 has replaced straight 30 for most summer diesel applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back