Delo XSP in Compact Tractor

Hello,

I recently changed the engine oil in a Kubota B2650 with Chevron Delo 400 XSP. The manual just calls for oil class CF, CF-4, CG-4, CH-4, or CI-4. Got to reading a bit and started to question if what I put in the tractor was the appropriate oil choice.

Can anyone confirm that I'm good to go with XSP? I did a bunch of reading, looking at Chevron's site, etc.. In the end I'm still not 100% clear that I'm good to go.

Thanks

I recently changed the engine oil in a Kubota B2650 with Chevron Delo 400 XSP. The manual just calls for oil class CF, CF-4, CG-4, CH-4, or CI-4. Got to reading a bit and started to question if what I put in the tractor was the appropriate oil choice.

Can anyone confirm that I'm good to go with XSP? I did a bunch of reading, looking at Chevron's site, etc.. In the end I'm still not 100% clear that I'm good to go.
Directly from the Chevron website for that particular oil:
API Service Categories CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4, CI-4 PLUS, CH-4, SN, SN PLUS
What are you unsure about and what on the Chevron website made you think the oil was inappropriate?

Thanks guys.

It was nothing on the Chevron site that originally made me question my choice, it was some things I read on forums. Saw things about lower zinc levels, formulated for engines with DPFs, some engines not being approved for it. At this point I've read so much commentary I don't even remember the basis of my original concern, I just wanted to clear up that I was good to go.

Thanks guys.

It was nothing on the Chevron site that originally made me question my choice, it was some things I read on forums. Saw things about lower zinc levels, formulated for engines with DPFs, some engines not being approved for it. At this point I've read so much commentary I don't even remember the basis of my original concern, I just wanted to clear up that I was good to go.
Welcome to the only oil forum that matters.

Edit; I'm shopping for another lawn tractor. John Deere X380 vs Kubota T2290K WT-48?

Last edited:
Back