Dealership license plate frames

For me, it all depends on how much of a issue the frame might be with law enforcement.. and the experience with the dealership, and the deal itself.

Last two sets have actually stayed on the vehicles. I must be getting soft as I get older.
The price of license plates frames is enough for me to use the dealer freebies. Sometimes you can turn them around.

i don't even run license plate frames. what are they for?
You can get them emblazoned with logos of various performance manufacturers..... Vortech Superchargers, Borla Exhaust, MSD Ignition, etc. The license plate frame adds five HP (just like stickers do)!

I always just remove when I get home. I always have them remove any dealership badging/stickers before taking delivery.

In my area, nearly all of those frames containing the dealership name block some portion of the plate. In my state, the police can ticket you if the numbers, state name, state motto and date sticker are not clearly visible. I imagine this is the case in other states as well.

I'm surprised dealers continue to install these illegal frames. Is it so difficult to switch over to a slim frame? Even if it costs like $5 more, it's no skin off the dealer's back. They'll just bake it into the car price unbeknownst to the customer.

The better thing would be to not install a ***** dealer tramp stamp frame all together.
Actually tell the dealership charges for the plate frames in many cases. Tell them no plate frame and to take the $30-50 off the msrp for it.

That's really a scumbag move to pull someone over and even worse ticket over a dealership license plate frame.
Yeah I worked for an independent dealership and we had a almost new prius prime a customer purchased. We didn't have a front plate holder as we had to order one. She got a $60 ticket for no front plate. Most jurisdictions in Colorado won't hassle you but she was pulled over for that specifically.

Every car I have bought I let them know I will be charging a $500 advertising discount for stickers which gets them to remove them pre-delivery with no questions asked. Plate frames I don't brow beat them down about as it takes 2 minutes max to ditch them as soon as my new plates come, I leave them on when i have the flimsy temporary cardboard.

The stickers era left a long dang time ago and I think dealers have mostly smartened up that its a sunk expense and people don't pick a dealer based on advertising they see on the back of the car in front of them. Honestly I don't recall seeing dealer stickers (except Carmax) much at all lately but may have to take a closer look next time I'm out and about.

I always take the dealership frame off and put my U.S. Navy one on when transferring the plate. Sometimes the salesman does it for me.

Yeah I worked for an independent dealership and we had a almost new prius prime a customer purchased. We didn't have a front plate holder as we had to order one. She got a $60 ticket for no front plate. Most jurisdictions in Colorado won't hassle you but she was pulled over for that specifically.

It's mandatory in IL but Chicago is the only place that will actively ticket you for it or use it as an excuse to pull you over (must not be enough criminals in the city to chase :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.) So when I was a BMW porter, most of the new BMWs didn't have a front plate bracket so customers would get a ticket and come in for us to drill out holes for a front plate. It sucked to drill a hole in somebody's front bumper.

I left it on so people would think I'm rich (Greenwich, CT hahahahahahahahahaha). It faded away so people don't think I'm rich anymore, but I was thinking of painting the letters so that people would once again assume I'm rich. :ROFLMAO:

On this topic, I think it's just plain stupid, when a dealer frame, is not thin where the frame is outside of the holes, and it covers part of the plate. Some are so bad, they cover the state's name on the plate. Who orders the frames for the dealer, and does not think of such things?

Yep. Less than an hour home from the dealership the license plate frame, the front license plate and bracket, and all stickers are removed. No advertising from me.

Yep. Less than an hour home from the dealership the license plate frame, the front license plate and bracket, and all stickers are removed. No advertising from me.
I took one off the trunk lid (decal) and was a little worried in case it hurt the paint, but it did not....it was one piece and had their URL for the website, that's so tacky. But my wife's is a decal template if you will? Tiny separate letters, so left it on. Plus, the dealer is in a wealthy town so that's a plus hahahahahaha (I'm pretentious yep)

The only car in my fleet with dealer ID is my wife’s van. The salesman was someone I dealt with for work, and when we had a sudden need for a minivan due to a foster care situation, he took very good care of me. That car earned him free advertising.

I even grabbed the fishing line to remove the puffy decal on the van and stopped out of respect for his help. My other cars get the heat gun for sticker removal upon arrival to my garage, and the plastic advertising plates get removed and tossed.

Back