Dealership license plate frames

Believe me, I was scanning the lot for another new one. I think they are port installed. It's a big black plastic bump-out. My wife's salesperson wasn't there that day, i was hoping the floor manager would step up this being a Subaru dealer and not a Chevy dealer.

At least they are supposed to feign 'friendly' and then let you down softly.
It's funny when we forget things and no consequences...I thought we're always supposed to ask for free floor mats from the old days. When I got my BMW I totally forgot, so I said hey can you throw in floor mats? The response, "Of course, it'll have summer ones when it comes in, and we'll give you a 'WE OWE' for the winters. The car is too new we don't have winters in stock for the coupe."

They look like they're fine because they've adapted to performing repetitive (sometimes complex) tasks while drunk. Hit them with a divided attention scenario or something entirely unfamiliar and the wheels start to fall off.
I know many sober people that when you "hit them with a divided attention scenario or something entirely unfamiliar the wheels start to fall off"....they are usually woman....haha.

Right, along with any decals they installed.
I was always afraid to remove decals, but I did on my used car in 2016 and it came off more easily than I had thought. I am afraid to take them off, though, when they’ve been on a long time (that was newly applied so I contemplated my wife’s which had been on 5 years).

Imagine these shenanigans with digital plates.

And if they don’t want to play ball, there are plenty of other dealers who will be happy to take your money for a sticker-free vehicle!!
It’s astounding to me how often the dealer name decal is crooked. They’re not meticulous like that guy in Graveyard Carz when he applies decals! 🤣

People are so scared to remove decals or plastic badging . Don't be scared . I've done it on my vehicles many times .

I love the ones where you see a Kia, and the license plate frame says Ferrari of the Main Line

I kind of wanted a plate frame so spray painted the dealership frame black.
20230612_171130.jpg

You have to remove them to take off the paper tags and mount the metal plate anyway. It’s easy enough just to leave them off.

Some dealers have a drive-thru car wash and will wash your car for free if it has their dealer license plate frame on it.
My local Honda/Toyota dealer has this...
I bought used Mercury from them, took the frame and Decals off asap (when it warmed up, bought the car in the middle of the Jan '14 Polar Vortex - temps near zero with way sub zero wind chills for a few weeks) no one ever said a word to me about taking that car through their free wash...
It's a pretty basic system. you get in line, and when it's your turn you just push a button to start the cycle.
only thing you had to be careful about was it's exit dumped you right in front of the exit for the service dept.

The local CDJ/Buick/GMC/Hyundai dealer has a similar setup, but you need to punch in a secret code that they change every so often. ( your salesman is supposed to email the new one when it's changed.)

It's a pretty basic system. you get in line, and when it's your turn you just push a button to start the cycle.
only thing you had to be careful about was it's exit dumped you right in front of the exit for the service dept.

The local CDJ/Buick/GMC/Hyundai dealer has a similar setup, but you need to punch in a secret code that they change every so often. ( your salesman is supposed to email the new one when it's changed.)
I bought a car that had a transponder-thing stuck on the back side of the rearview mirror. It looked a lot like those security tag "stickers" you sometimes find in the pockets of new clothes. It looked like it had been there awhile.... Apparently the previous owner's dealer had installed it and it would alert them any time "Ms. So-and-so's car has entered the service lane". Or whatever. Looking back on it now, I probably should have left it there. Maybe it was good for some free car washes!

Back