Dang Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
....and they just propped it up with a major 'rescue package'...price of oil jumped $2 on this news alone...so, no, no change, gas is staedily going up.....

Gasoline here at retail level is craziest with one of the largest price spreads I have seen in a while. Price range is $2.67 to 2.84 on the way to work. Will see if the higher prices go down today.

$2.44 today at Quik Trip in KC. North of KC in St Joseph they are having a good old fashioned gas war. $2.25 last night on the news. But oil and gas are trending with the stock market, Today oil is $75 again and gas is up 5¢. Wont be long before we are up 20 to 30¢ if the stock market continues to rebound.

Originally Posted By: sunfire
Anyone notice gas prices going down? It was $2.77 yesterday and $2.72 today.

Sorry I should point out... I have noticed the price steadily trend back down over the past few weeks. Seen the gas as high as $2.85. With summer travel season coming I'd thought prices should be going up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hermann
$2.44 today at Quik Trip in KC. North of KC in St Joseph they are having a good old fashioned gas war. $2.25 last night on the news. But oil and gas are trending with the stock market, Today oil is $75 again and gas is up 5¢. Wont be long before we are up 20 to 30¢ if the stock market continues to rebound.
What ever happened to those gas wars? I remember companies would really cut the gas prices to see who would go the lowest, but I haven't seen that being done in a very long time.

Yesterday gas was $2.95/gal @ Union 76, and $3.01/gal @ Chevron.

Today gas was $3.05/gal @ Union 76, and $3.07/gal @ Chevron

Tomorrow gas will be $4/gal at 76 and $5 at Chevron.

By Monday the cost of gas will be close to $20/gal

They always increase the price of gas on Memorial day weekend and keep it high all summer.

Last edited:
I saw $2.43 for ethanol-laced regular at the nearby Walmart this morning, and the independents along that same avenue were within 2-3 cents of that. About $2.53 for Chevron and Shell. The Star station where I've been going lately (100% gasoline) runs about .10/gal. more than WM.

Well, here it is, Monday. Paid $2.84 for 93. So where did it go up to $4? Let alone more?

Have been benefitting from a little gas war the last couple of weeks. Have been paying $2.33 for regular this week @ Kroger W/ a .10/gallon discount. Down the street is a Speedway at $2.37 for regular with their .03/gallon Speedy card discount. Everywhere else is $2.59-$2.69.

Don't complain about gas price unless you live in these states: Alaska, California and Hawaii. Where I live, regular is $3.13 and up, few miles south the price is up $3.2x and further south it is $3.3x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back