D2S HID bulb: Philips ($120) or Osram ($138) or Cheap off brand ($19)?

The new led light I just installed are all spot lights.

So, I went and flew my drone this night to take some aerial shots and a video. Here are some drone pictures of the light. The led is very bright. More light output than my headlights.

If I had mounted these leds at the same height point where my low beams are, I would get a very nice spread and more usable light than what my low beams produce now.

Pictures of the leds only. Performance is very good. And aesthetically, it looks really good on my suv. I used to be bothered by the gold bezel, but it actually adds a good touch.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Pictures of all my lights turned on. Low beams, fog lights, 8.5" laser led light and the new leds I just installed.

I went through some back roads and turned on all these lights and I was not surprised. It does turn night into day. It is extremely bright.

Originally Posted by PetitFrereArmada
You mention XHP50.2, but you know there is also XHP70.2, which is brighter and I have bought XHP70 led which is the fog leds on my 2008 Nissan Maxima. Very bright led lights. And same XHP70 leds, I installed on a friend's headlight. Pretty bright indeed.

I basically just use 18650's and usually the XHP70.2 require 2 of them so you don't really find the xhp70.2 with a single 18650. I'll probably end up switching to 26650's at some point but not now. There's also an XHP90.2 out now too...

My low beams only.

Low beams and fogs only. My fogs produce more light than my low beams. It just does not reach far out because of where my fogs are located.

Low beams, fogs and new led pods I just installed.

Low beams, fogs, new led pods and my 8.5" laser leds.

I use the mid level Sylvanias from whichever store I happen to be going to. They seem to last and are just the right brightness. I need plenty of light but I don't like the retina scorchers some people use.

very nice for off road or as long as no one is coming. i have a couple off road lights on one of my car's whose light assemblies are under engineered.

i recently installed a set of dot approved fog lights with the nice cut offs and am enjoying those on a different vehicle.
i will post a couple pics with no intention of jacking thread. thx

enjoy the night driving.

20200525_050653[1].jpg

Inked20200525_050728_LI.jpg

post script;

i'm parked on a slight hill in front of garage, so looks like no light directly in front of car in first picture, but going down the road, these lights are a tremendous help to my original low beam head lights.

Back