Cyber truck

Newest batch of invites included pre-orders from early 2022(!!), so they're already over 2 years deep into the pre-order list. It’s pretty safe to say the idea that 2,000,000 people are lined-up to buy this is complete nonsense. Best case they’ve sold maybe 6,000 - 7,000 of them and are quickly reaching the end of the preorder list.

Last edited:
Every vehicle has rail dust. It’s unacceptable though. They need full covers like Audi uses when shipped by rail. Hot fallout from railroad brake shoes inbedded into paint should not be considered ok. It can be removed by clay bar, but it shouldn’t be the fix. The paint is already damaged by inbedded metal shards.
I owned a 1997 Ford F150 regular cab flareside 4x4 in black. Beautiful truck! When I got it, it had rail dust on all horizontal surfaces which had started to oxidize. The dealership polished it out. The truck looked like glass! 5 years later all horizontal painted surfaces had cracks. It looked like an old oil painting. The dealership had buffed the clear coat off the truck.😟

There are alot for sale on the second hand market with low miles. I really have a difficult time believing that Tesla Cybertrucks are "sold out". I really think Tesla is saying this to keep up the hype. Unless there are this many flippers it sounds like alot of people have cancelled their deposits.
You can believe whatever you want, but the website delivery dates are into next year. I believe production has ramped to about 1300 trucks per week. The numbers are what they are.

Torque News has a Cybertruck owner that says he's already lost 2% of his range after 15k miles. It will be interesting to see if others have the same issue. If so this new in-house battery technology will have to be re thought.

Newest batch of invites included pre-orders from early 2022(!!), so they're already over 2 years deep into the pre-order list. It’s pretty safe to say the idea that 2,000,000 people are lined-up to buy this is complete nonsense. Best case they’ve sold maybe 6,000 - 7,000 of them and are quickly reaching the end of the preorder list.

One of my earlier posts reiterates this. People who were told their orders wouldn't come up till 2025 are already being offered the chance to order or take delivery.

Yeah, I think a lot of pre-orders were for trucks at or near the original price. Emailing a person who was expecting to buy a $50K truck isn't going to work for a $100K truck, these pre-orders aren't going to convert, IMO.

One for the haters... Not sure if this is Graffiti because the windows are untouched. But who the heck knows?
1718915320151.jpg

A couple days later and the order invites are already into late 2022 pre-orders. And this comes from one of the top Elon-cult lieutenants and propagandists, so the real number is probably even worse.

But I’m sure part of this is the Foundation Series production coming to an end. Anyone who buys one will instantly lose $20k because the Foundation Series is essentially a $20k sticker on the back. Autopilot and FSD still are broken on them.

Last edited:

They had to recall them all again and halt new deliveries due to failing wiper motors.

I see many used Cyber trucks on CarGuru for $125-150K.

I think these sellers might get stuck with these trucks.

A couple days later and the order invites are already into late 2022 pre-orders. And this comes from one of the top Elon-cult lieutenants and propagandists, so the real number is probably even worse.

But I’m sure part of this is the Foundation Series production coming to an end. Anyone who buys one will instantly lose $20k because the Foundation Series is essentially a $20k sticker on the back. Autopilot and FSD still are broken on them.

According to Matt Farah Tesla also lists a roof mounted light bar as standard on the foundation series but not a single one has ever been delivered that way.

I see many used Cyber trucks on CarGuru for $125-150K.

I think these sellers might get stuck with these trucks.
John Clay Wolfe who owns the sellmethevin website has said the wholesale prices have tanked at auction and that the early flippers who made crazy money have come and gone. There's a little money to be made but I don't think the demand is truly as great as Tesla claims. Musk said last year at the unveiling that Tesla would crank out 250k Cybertrucks a year. Was this wishful thinking or did he know there isn't that kind of demand?

Total number of recalled Cybertucks show the number sold:
I saw that article and it's a little misleading. Tesla hasn't sold 11,603 Cybertrucks. In April Tesla announced that they had delivered 3,073 Cybertrucks. Remember there are ALOT of Cybertrucks sitting at the giant mall parking lot that Tesla is renting in Cincinnati. Tesla has manufactured more vehicles than were sold for the last seven of eight quarters. Tesla has said they've sold between 6-7,000 as of June (If that's even real) so that means 4-5000 are not sold.

Musk claimed 1.75 million deposits. I really think the FTC or whomever regulates stuff should do a deep investigation. I think Tesla is fudging numbers to make it look like there is more demand for the Cybertruck than there really is.

Back