Warranty Experience - Walmart EverStart Plus

Just wanted to post this thread in case anyone is considering an EverStart battery from Walmart. I picked one up back in November of last year for the Focus. As you would expect, it was considerably cheaper than many of the alternatives. With a 2-year replacement warranty, I figured I'd give it a shot.

The bad news? The battery only made it 4 months before going bad. Owell, stuff fails, now let's see about that replacement warranty...

Good news? I was able take the bad battery to the automotive section and have it replaced no questions asked. In fact, they didn't even test the battery (which surprised me).

The lead tech that replaced the battery told me they don't even need the receipt, just as long as the barcode on the top of the battery is in place. Furthermore, he informed me that the warranty of the replacement battery extends from today - not from the original purchase. So the 2-year replacement warranty is reset upon replacement.

Last edited:
I earlier bought a WM battery for my Sienna. At the 3 year mark, which is traditionally the point at which my batteries fail, I brought it in. It was replaced. Not sure I'll go back, because it did take a few hours, but if you don't mind waiting, its hard to beat that support for a warranty. And just like the OP, I was told that the replacement came with its own 3 years warranty (which the original had, too).

I'm glad you posted this. This May makes 3 years, so I think I'll take it to WM and see what they'll do for the warranty on the replacement.

Crazy warranty.......

Best Buy used to have a similar warranty on TV's. A guy I served with used to buy a TV, get the warranty, then right before warranty expired, took it in and said it would occassionally have volume issues, or would just turn off randomly , etc.
Of course, the tv was outdated, so he would get a newer model and start the process over again........

My experience was exactly the opposite. Including that they had to keep the battery for 24 hours for charging and testing, and then they would only credit me my original purchase price and require me to pay the difference if I wanted a new battery.

I filed an attorney general complaint with NY and got my funds back.

I won’t ever buy one of theirs again.

But I am pleased you had a good experience OP. Maybe stores are allowed to operate how they want?

Interesting.

I recently had my everstart battery replaced under warranty and it was a hassle.

They had to test the battery before they would warranty it out. But the employees couldn't figure out how to work the machine. They even reversed polarity when hooking it up.

After bumble plucking around with that for a good time they then told me that my battery was "too cold" to test and that it would need to be warmed up for "a few hours" indoors.

Then, once we resolved that nonsense, they couldn't figure out how to actually warranty it out and told me "we may not be able to warranty this" (for reasons unknown)

Eventually, I was on my way with my new battery. But, what a mess.

The once I used warranty they insisted on charging it before testing. And sure enough, it was bad so they gave me a replacement.
I had other shopping to do, so it was no big deal.

After the battery in my Jeep exploded in 2020, I bought one of the Neverstart batteries. Cheapest model.

It lasted just over 2.5 years. I can't blame the battery. The Jeep has a parasitic draw and I forgot to put it on the battery tender and it drained the battery in sub zero temps.

Are there any Walmarts open 24 hours anymore? That was a selling point of their battery if you needed one any time of day.
Pretty much all of the WalMart "Supercenter" stores in Virginia are open 24 hrs./day except for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The WalMart "Neighborhood Markets" are only open from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm, but they don't sell automotive batteries, so it is a moot point for the battery discussion.

I was also told a receipt isn't needed because they can scan the battery to determine sale dat

Pretty much all of the WalMart "Supercenter" stores in Virginia are open 24 hrs./day except for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The WalMart "Neighborhood Markets" are only open from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm, but they don't sell automotive batteries, so it is a moot point for the battery discussion.
I looked up the stores in VA and it shows closing at 11PM. I have read months ago that they have no intention to go back to 24hrs again...

I looked up the stores in VA and it shows closing at 11PM. I have read months ago that they have no intention to go back to 24hrs again...
I remember back when they were 24 hour - I’d be all twisted from jet lag and drive there 3 am only to be annoyed by stockers and guys with floor polishers - 2 other shoppers that happened to be blocking what I wanted … 🤨

I remember back when they were 24 hour - I’d be all twisted from jet lag and drive there 3 am only to be annoyed by stockers and guys with floor polishers - 2 other shoppers that happened to be blocking what I wanted … 🤨
I loved it after getting off a swing shift at midnight and get my shopping dome with very few people in the store....that may be why they are not going back to it...not enough traffic..

Back