Warranty Experience - Walmart EverStart Plus

I looked up the stores in VA and it shows closing at 11PM. I have read months ago that they have no intention to go back to 24hrs again...
hrv, I stand corrected. They must have changed their store hours since last year when I had to stop at a WalMart after midnight while returning from an all day road trip. I speculate it is all predicated upon the "alleged" labor shortage in the retail workforce.

hrv, I stand corrected. They must have changed their store hours since last year when I had to stop at a WalMart after midnight while returning from an all day road trip. I speculate it is all predicated upon the "alleged" labor shortage in the retail workforce.
I wish they were still 24 hours but even around here in Louisville the Meijers stores and Kroger are no longer 24 hours....

Just curious, what was the date sticker showing on top of the battery you purchased?

Just curious, what was the date sticker showing on top of the battery you purchased?

The replacement battery I received today was manufactured in Feb 2024.

I don't remember the manufacture date on the original battery, but it wasn't old inventory at all. I'm sure Walmart moves these budget-level batteries in huge quantities.

Last edited:
Yeah, reading this I thought they had Mo and Yr punchouts on a mylar label for in the in-service date.
I had to replace a battery on my Mom's car in FLA from non use. It was on a charger but the chargers are always smoked over a few months in service. Don't know if it's lightning event or the high heat and humidity in the SW FLA garage killing the chargers.

I wish they were still 24 hours but even around here in Louisville the Meijers stores and Kroger are no longer 24 hours....
Pretty much all stores like that stopped their 24-hour hours when Covid hit and never returned to 24-hours. I don't think some of them even have workers there 24-hours anymore like they used to - stocking shelves in the middle of the night. They seem to do that during their open hours now.

I think it's kind of how the store interprets the warranty. I doubt corp Walmart wants the 2yr warranty period reset at warranty replacement time.

OP - who manufactured the one that failed. The Walmart batteries made by East Penn have a serial number that starts with 'EP'.

2 years ago I bought the $49.99 (now more) Walmart 'Value' battery size 35 for my 08' Corolla condo car which sits most of the year in Florida. I come down to Florida and throw the trickle charger on it for a few hours and no problems starting for the rest of the winter while I'm here.
I'm a fan of Walmart batteries.

the Everstart Maxx batteries I have bought from Walmart have had to have the serial number entered upon purchase and they have my name and personal information from my credit card purchase...perhaps that info would be added for cash customers...

I don't think it would work for you to find a junk Walmart battery and try to return it under warranty...but never underestimate workers not doing their job properly or the ingenuity or deception of a customer...

Bill

I've had to warranty a couple of their Everstart Maxx batteries. After letting them sit on their testing machines, I was given new ones. However, they said the warranty does not reset and it's a "one and done" deal and no warranty is offered on the exchanged battery.

I loved it after getting off a swing shift at midnight and get my shopping dome with very few people in the store....that may be why they are not going back to it...not enough traffic..
The one in Indian Land, SC is still open 24Hrs.

Most don't seem to be anymore.

Nice. I live about 20 miles from that one but it's good to know if I ever do actually need something at 3AM that I can go there. There is also a 24 hour Autozone or AAP in Pineville NC if you ever need something after 9.

Is that current information, since the website says otherwise (see below).
1710364362877.jpg

Reactions: hrv
"Our" WM opened and the high school kids would stay in the store the night through. It was approved of.
Fund raising by the kids and publicity for the store was involved.

In 2017+ or - the store closed 1AM to 4AM. It was described to me as a mess.
With Covid came the 6AM to 11PM hours.

My G59 WM battery is past its 2 year guarantee by 2 years.
I measured my old battery -bad morning voltage- and had time to shop.
The busy WM's shelves were bare and 2 days later were full of fresh batteries.
No complaints here.

ps This WM's Auto+ Marine section has been condensed/optimized. Reduced selection of wiper blades.

Last edited:
Was a headache at the Wallmart here. I ended up saying never mind and buying a new battery elsewhere
Agreed, it was just so not worth the hassle. After the ordeal I went through.. I'd rather go to a dealer parts counter and buy batteries!

Back