Cyber truck

The difference is you have to try and hurt yourself on most vehicles. The CT has edges on the panels that you can grate a carrot on.
Look at the article posted this week where a guy cut his hand or wrist open while picking up his new Cybertruck.

Look at the article posted this week where a guy cut his hand or wrist open while picking up his new Cybertruck.

Other than the inside of the windshield being so dirty it was dangerous to drive, a slime covering the outside of the vehicle, rail dust (all this on a $100k+ vehicle they're delivering), a rubber seal flapping in the wind, a panel that flew off on the drive home and a trip to the ER, his Cybertruck was absolutely perfect!

I'd put this on the list as one of the ugliest vehicles of all time.

1717247476881.jpg

Headed to the airport to turn in a rental car and was passed by a very erratic driver, as if the vehicle was stolen and he was being chased. The vehicle had temp tag. It was a Cybertruck. First time I saw one driving or in real life, except when I saw Cybertrucks on an auto transporter being transported on the other side of the interstate.

Have to say the Cybertruck is very unattractive up close/ in person. I was caught by surprise how unattractive the Cybertruck is up close and moving.

The Cybertruck must be an awesome truck inside/ performance after discounting the very ugly exterior- to have buyers waiting in line for them. Or, maybe I am just old and don't know a good thing when I see it (maybe I am not changing with the times).

It is certainly all the rage to bash Tesla these days, and vehicle taste is certainly a personal phenomenon, but I have seen a few Cybertrucks on the road and I’d love to have one. A very long wait list suggests I’m not alone.
Actually from rumors inside Tesla, they're dropping the "Founder's Edition" soon as the demand has fallen off. There are ALOT of Cybertrucks on the second hand market now. A vehicle that has only essentially been in production since January that is seeing this type of flipping is not a good sign. You can get one today if you really want one. The wait list isn't as big as it seems as many have cancelled. TFL Truck owner Roman Micah (whom I've met) and another journalist had deposits. They knew someone at Tesla and reached out back in December 2023 to see where their build number was. One had 50,449 the other 51, and a little more. They were told they wouldn't even have an order come up till spring 2025. March 2024 Tesla reached out to both individuals and said their order number came up. 50k Cybertrucks haven't been manufactured even by late June 2024. This says alot about the demand just isn't there.

Other than the inside of the windshield being so dirty it was dangerous to drive, a slime covering the outside of the vehicle, rail dust (all this on a $100k+ vehicle they're delivering), a rubber seal flapping in the wind, a panel that flew off on the drive home and a trip to the ER, his Cybertruck was absolutely perfect!
Every vehicle has rail dust. It’s unacceptable though. They need full covers like Audi uses when shipped by rail. Hot fallout from railroad brake shoes inbedded into paint should not be considered ok. It can be removed by clay bar, but it shouldn’t be the fix. The paint is already damaged by inbedded metal shards.

Every vehicle has rail dust. It’s unacceptable though. They need full covers like Audi uses when shipped by rail. Hot fallout from railroad brake shoes inbedded into paint should not be considered ok. It can be removed by clay bar, but it shouldn’t be the fix. The paint is already damaged by inbedded metal shards.

Embedded into what paint? Is the windshield painted, or what exactly are you talking about?

Embedded into what paint? Is the windshield painted, or what exactly are you talking about?
It doesn’t have to be paint to be embedded. The metal that hits it in small fragments is hot. It can embed into stainless and glass. Cars that are shipped by rail should be fully covered, but I rarely see that be the case.

It is certainly all the rage to bash Tesla these days, and vehicle taste is certainly a personal phenomenon, but I have seen a few Cybertrucks on the road and I’d love to have one. A very long wait list suggests I’m not alone.
New evidence suggests the contrary, that they are very quickly going down the wait list, and already built models are languishing.

The first one I saw did look handmade, in a garage with basic tools. Like one of those old Fiero or VW kit cars. I did a double take.
They STILL look this way. Matt Farah from the smoking Tire did a review and couldn't find a single positive thing to say. Apparently the founders edition was supposed to come with a roof light bar, which is mentioned on the monrony and not a single one has had one. This week another Cybertruck owner just realized that the cab slopes back and eats into the cargo length. So you can't really carry whatever Tesla says. Rumors are now saying that the Founders edition is being pulled soon over the lack of demand. Elon claimed last November that Tesla would crank 250,000 of these a year. I'm only seeing 750-1000 per month from delivery numbers. A lot of people who were told they wouldn't have their deposit number come up till early 2025 are already being offered delivery. This tells me that the demand is way lower than Tesla claims.

I am not interested in buying one, but CT is sold out for 2024.
There are alot for sale on the second hand market with low miles. I really have a difficult time believing that Tesla Cybertrucks are "sold out". I really think Tesla is saying this to keep up the hype. Unless there are this many flippers it sounds like alot of people have cancelled their deposits.

Back