Current ammo prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been eyeballing ammo prices for the calibers that I own. Some decent deals to be found, Even at the local Walmart. I don't think Remington. 22lr for $30 for 525 rounds is that great. But a 200 round box of .45 ACP aluminum case isn't bad and $8.24/box for 9mm aluminum case is pretty good.
Online I got 1000 rounds of Fiocchi. 223 brass case 55 grn.=$280 delivered.

Just ordered 1000 Rounds - 223 Rem 55 Grain FMJ Lacquered and Sealed Steel Case Barnaul Mil-Spec Ammo for $221 delivered. Have shot Fiocchi under the Perfecta label and it's fine. Have shot Barnaul Russian stuff under Brown Bear label and it's ok too.

While it seems there has been a recent run on ARs and 30 rd. mags...not so with ammo.

.38 and .357 mag. have not budged in price. Best I got was Fiocchi .357 mag for $13/box on sale at Ace Hardware.

Last edited:
I remember not all that long ago I used to buy the 22LR 525 Federal economy pack for under $20 a box including tax. They had it on sale at Cabela's a couple years ago the last time I saw a decent price on it for $18 something. I don't usually buy that much 22LR but that day I picked up 10 bricks.

I don’t buy ammo at Walmart. Most of it is Winchester white box, which used to be my go-to ammo, but is now unreliable junk. The prices aren’t that great. And Walmart isn’t exactly a supporter of the gun hobby.

You want good ammo prices?

www.sgammo.com

Much cheaper than Walmart. Huge selection. Family-owned small business. Supporters of the gun hobby.

I’ll keep my $$ from supporting the huge big box stores that don’t support us.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I remember not all that long ago I used to buy the 22LR 525 Federal economy pack for under $20 a box including tax.

Whenever I hear about so called "good deals" on .22 ammo, I like to put up this. It helps keep things in perspective.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I don’t buy ammo at Walmart. Most of it is Winchester white box, which used to be my go-to ammo, but is now unreliable junk. The prices aren’t that great. And Walmart isn’t exactly a supporter of the gun hobby.

www.sgammo.com

Much cheaper than Walmart. Huge selection. Family-owned small business. Supporters of the gun hobby.

I've really cut down on my WM spending after they tossed young Americans under the bus. I haven't stepped foot into Sam's. I'm hoping to get out of WM completely soon. I'll probably still have to hunt their deep clearance stuff.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Woah! They make .45ACP and 9mm cases out of aluminum now? I am behind the times.
Is aluminum reloadable?
Really? The Federal stuff is the same as the Blazer and that's been widely available for 30+ years now. I don't THINK you can reload it, but it's aimed at the non-reloader.

Last edited:

www.sgammo.com

SG is who I just ordered the Barnaul from. Supposed to arrive Thursday. Easy to do business with and their prices are excellent. ..even with shipping.

Originally Posted By: umungus1122
Woah! They make .45ACP and 9mm cases out of aluminum now? I am behind the times.
Is aluminum reloadable?
Really? The Federal stuff is the same as the Blazer and that's been widely available for 30+ years now. I don't THINK you can reload it, but it's aimed at the non-reloader.

I think that's correct. My ATI 1911 commander runs fine with anything I load it with. Same holds true for my Ruger and Taurus 9mms. I see .380 ACP in aluminum case too. My Bersa runs it no problem.
You can reminisce about $5/brick of .22LR...but that's like recalling gas at 87.9/gallon.

Originally Posted By: Toros
You can reminisce about $5/brick of .22LR...but that's like recalling gas at 87.9/gallon.

The difference is I'm still shooting the $8.88 @ brick .22's. It's been a while since I burned any 87.9 @ gallon gas.

(Un)Fortunately, I'm new enough to shooting to not have experienced those low prices. I started right around the ammo shortage time, so I get excited just seeing 22 on the shelf!

www.sgammo.com

unfortunately many places wont sell to my state and if they do it has to go to a gun store before I can pick it up. The best prices I find are unfortunately WM.

Is aluminum reloadable?

No .

At one time brass Blazzer was $ 10 a box and 9mm $ 5 a box ( at Walmart ) .

Do not know now .

When I was a teenager , the local discount store sold .22 LR for $ .50 a box & you did not have an age limit .

Had to shoot those dinosaurs right through the eyeball to take them down ! :)

Is aluminum reloadable?

Since at least the late 1980s when I started shooting it

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I remember not all that long ago I used to buy the 22LR 525 Federal economy pack for under $20 a box including tax.

Whenever I hear about so called "good deals" on .22 ammo, I like to put up this. It helps keep things in perspective.

Yes and they were making good money at that price. The cost of resources hasn't gone up that much. They got greedy!

Ha! I have the same ammo with the same green price tag of $8.88. Mid 1990's I'm guessing. Still works fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back