9mm Ammo brands how reliable? does it matter between these 3?

I want to purchase 1000 rounds for target/practice.

115gr
Magtech $216
Blazer brass $225
fiocchi $216
shipping is free.
Any suggestions? 124gr and esp.147gr have hefty price increases.
Particularly interested in failure to feed/duds etc.. cleanliness a plus.

Side question has anyone used AAC .308 ammo and if so what was your experience with it. specifically the cheap 150grain blue box stuff.

I would shoot all of those all day. Fiocchi would be my choice out of the 3. My gun would eat all three and not skip a beat. As a matter of fact it has. 115 grain, in my opinion is the ticket and see no value in 124 and definitely not 147. 147 is a waste in 9mm IMO.

I guess it depends on your gun. The only manufacturer I have ever had issues with is Freedom Munitions, not good at all. I would say that if your gun is reliable, then the three you asked about would be great.

AAC at least in my 308s was no different than any other regular non match grade ammo. 308 is high right now, I would not pay over 90cents per round for regular stuff. Match grade maybe 1.50-2.00 per round.

its $13 for 20 on the AAC 308.

The 9mm.
I was leaning towards the fiocchi but waffling I had a couple FTF with blazer(or was it 115gr federal from the red box) but nothing recent since the pistols got broken in abit.
Will be used in a glock or my ruger

The only gun I have with loading issues is my sig p322 and finally figured out it was the mags bulging.. replacements currently making their way from sig.
Super finicky double stack mags.. but they were bulging so bad my "ez loader" would hang up if I left them loaded(30min not days)
they should redesign/release a 15rounder with better stack angles.

Slightly! regretting not buying a taurus tx22 competition instead.

I want to purchase 1000 rounds for target/practice.

115gr
Magtech $216
Blazer brass $225
fiocchi $216
shipping is free.
Any suggestions? 124gr and esp.147gr have hefty price increases.
Particularly interested in failure to feed/duds etc.. cleanliness a plus.

Side question has anyone used AAC .308 ammo and if so what was your experience with it. specifically the cheap 150grain blue box stuff.

Nice. Where are you finding those prices with free shipping? I've tried Hslammo.com (reloads) at $220 for 1,000 rounds. No free shipping.

Good prices.

AAC is generally good ammo - no experience in .308 but have shot hundreds of 124gr 9mm and a couple hundred 115gr and a few 147gr (have maybe 30 left out of a box of 100) of AAC

Have used many thousands of Fiocchi 115
Have used many thousands of Blazer Brass 115
Have used hundreds of Magtech 115

All good. I actually had to use Fiocchi for a while at a range I went to (you can only use ammo you buy there - until I said no more, the woods are good enough for me)

I do recommend shooting 124gr at least occasionally if you carry 124gr for defense. Same with 147.

I never tried Magtech but the other two should be GTG where I'd prefer Blazer Brass; every time I reload Blazer cases they are very very clean inside. I haven't bought factory ammo for many years now.

I have two cases of Blazer Brass on the floor in my closet . I've used Magtech and Fiochi many times . All of them are good ammo .

Nice. Where are you finding those prices with free shipping? I've tried Hslammo.com (reloads) at $220 for 1,000 rounds. No free shipping.

Good prices.
.. I have a coupon code from a customer service incident nothing that is replicable

PSA does have it for 239+ shipping.. and their shipping is much more reasonable than anyone cheap on ammoseek. (half or less shipping $$)

I've shot a lot of Fiocchi and Blazer (some 115, some 124) with (knock on wood) not a single issue. Someone gave me a box of Magtech a long time and they were fine. Never seen them locally though to buy but if I ran across them, I wouldn't hesitate.

have seen and tried all the above ammo. For me, the best ammo is magtech. have used thier primers and ammo without any issue on and off last 20 years . also, its loaded to euro spec in velocity , where blazer is often a little watered down . magtech will run your luger if you have one, which usually requires hot ammo to function .one other thing about blazer is that they seem to do no post polishing after loading . can tell by the dullness and marks left on the case. Fiocchi and magtech for sure post polishes its ammo

Is Magtech made in the US? I would prefer US production, all things being equal, but all are good for practice FMJ.

Blazer Brass is usually extremely reliable however this might change soon with the whole Vista outdoor situation.

Is Magtech made in the US? I would prefer US production, all things being equal, but all are good for practice FMJ.
made by CBC in brazil. if you want good made in us ammo then fiocchi is it. they have a factory in states now

Back