Craziest Car Prices You've Seen

I run a small retail garage, and I am kept very busy repairing rusted 10+ year old vehicles people would not have even considered fixing 3-4 years ago.
I drive a 2009 G5 that isn’t in horrible shape…but I will most likely be driving it until it actually falls apart on me on the road.

I run a small retail garage, and I am kept very busy repairing rusted 10+ year old vehicles people would not have even considered fixing 3-4 years ago.
I drive a 2009 G5 that isn’t in horrible shape…but I will most likely be driving it until it actually falls apart on me on the road.
As long as the oil is changed a lot and the timing chain / egr is caught before it blows you have a good chance of going past 200,000 on the old 2.2
2.0 or 2.4 not so much

A few folks have over 500,000 on the original drivetrain, chances are best with a 5mt though.

I wanted to get rid of my 2010 XFE 8 years ago and am glad I kept it as I have experienced more auto BS in the last 3 years than I ever did in my entire life. Seems like perpetual bad luck but the Cobalt keeps going and is back on the road as my daily

Burns my rear Chevy isn’t forced to recall the **** insta rust fuel lines.

Took my 2012 Versa in for service the other day. Guy told me, if we don’t get to it today we’ll just leave it outside overnight and do it first thing tomorrow. I said, no thanks, I’ll come by and pick it up and bring it back tomorrow. No way you’re leaving that car outside overnight. I bought it new for 14k, it’s probably worth 20k!

Occasionally have ads pop up on local 'car bargains' and this one kinda stood out as hilarious... have seen some crazy numbers, but this for a Kia?!?

Now the McLaren is eye catching and begging for a test drive... I could justify spending that much on it compared to that **** Kia, bwahaha...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220815-064429_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20220815-064429_Opera.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20220811-185853_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20220811-185853_Opera.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 39
Sounds like a car is like an appliance to you. Many people enjoy driving something different every few years.
Cars are an appliance, except for the few garage queens that some can afford to have as play toys...

I prefer to buy a decent/nice/reliable vehicle that I'm happy enough with to keep for MANY years, if 'MANY' is defined as 10 or so years. I prefer to do car payments for 4 or 5 years, then go another 8 to 10 years with NO car payments. I'll take no car payments over newest car on the block any day of the week!
I keep my cars long after they're paid off. I keep them until replacement parts become hard to get, or the vehicle becomes unreliable, or it rusts out so bad it becomes an eyesore...

I keep my cars long after they're paid off. I keep them until replacement parts become hard to get, or the vehicle becomes unreliable, or it rusts out so bad it becomes an eyesore...
I’ve kept past eyesore phase. I get rid of when I worry about rust or repair cost, but usually rust is what does me in now. Although my last vehicle that I traded out of, it was part repair fears, part because vehicle needs changed, and part because I couldn’t justify keeping it anymore.

Too bad you feel that way, as many people here enjoy the experience a fun car provides, but I can understand how everybody is different.
Don't get me wrong, I love fun cars as much as the next guy. I just can't afford the ones that are play toys. For that I collect motorcycles...

Here’s another… came up in my Facebook feed

View attachment 145166
Same dealer has a 2008 Cobalt 2.4 with 111K miles for $6500. Too bad it's a 4-door otherwise I'd come in and give it a look if I was local. If it's been an Arizona car its whole life it won't have the usual Illinois rust like mine has.

Back