Coworkers lack of care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe in western Canada things things are different, but I have found in the US that no good deed goes unpunished.

Too bad he bought a vehicle that has an engine with a history of being an oil burner. My friend's Acura has the 3.5 Liter Isuzu engine and burned a quart every 800-1000 miles. We were lucky using 15W40 Rotella comsumption is down to a quart every 1500 miles now.

Originally Posted By: citationxeleven
Too bad he bought a vehicle that has an engine with a history of being an oil burner. My friend's Acura has the 3.5 Liter Isuzu engine and burned a quart every 800-1000 miles. We were lucky using 15W40 Rotella comsumption is down to a quart every 1500 miles now.

I'll have to make him aware that of what that engine is prone to. He better step up and check it frequently otherwise bad things are going to happen.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
It is amazing. You'd think people who are tight on money would be much more proactive in looking over their cars (checking fluids is free!) to avoid hi dollar repairs they cannot afford. But - they simply don't care!

This is not a rag on your friend, but those on the ends of the slope do things, repeatedly, that keep them there.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
It is amazing. You'd think people who are tight on money would be much more proactive in looking over their cars (checking fluids is free!) to avoid hi dollar repairs they cannot afford. But - they simply don't care!

This is not a rag on your friend, but those on the ends of the slope do things, repeatedly, that keep them there.

I'm confused why you responded to me, I did not create the post just commented. However, what you say is dead on accurate.

Or they simply dont know.. I cant tell you how many people i know that think they are on the ball becouse they get there oil changed once a year at a "quicky place". Alot of young girls especially are in this boat.. "As long as i put gas in it, it should go" preventative maintence is vacuming the car out and driving it through the auto wash...

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1

Or they simply dont know.. I cant tell you how many people i know that think they are on the ball becouse they get there oil changed once a year at a "quicky place". Alot of young girls especially are in this boat.. "As long as i put gas in it, it should go" preventative maintence is vacuming the car out and driving it through the auto wash...

Sad - but so true!

Originally Posted By: eljefino

I'm confused why you responded to me, I did not create the post just commented. However, what you say is dead on accurate.

I didn't, I meant OP's friend.

I notice a trend in people's responses. People in my part of the country assume the best and help each other. The rest, not so much.

This, of course, is a VERY inexact observation. I know many people in my area who deserve the worst. And there are some people in every area who are worth their weight in gold.

I don't think it is that folks don't want to help others BUT unfortunately there are many people today that will gladly take the help and then throw it back in the face of the well meaning helper with blame for something that goes wrong subsequently.

I know that the old phrase "No good deed goes unpunished" applies even in the midwest, maybe to a slightly less extent for the time being.

Originally Posted By: KeithG

I notice a trend in people's responses. People in my part of the country assume the best and help each other. The rest, not so much.

This, of course, is a VERY inexact observation. I know many people in my area who deserve the worst. And there are some people in every area who are worth their weight in gold.

Agreed.

Originally Posted By: 91344George
I don't think it is that folks don't want to help others BUT unfortunately there are many people today that will gladly take the help and then throw it back in the face of the well meaning helper with blame for something that goes wrong subsequently.

I know that the old phrase "No good deed goes unpunished" applies even in the midwest, maybe to a slightly less extent for the time being.

While you're right that some may throw your attempts to help back in your face, they have little if any recourse. So they're left with hard feelings and if it comes to that, then they're not your friend to begin with. I'm then perfectly content to let them wallow in their own stupidity.

You should see the cars that come into our Kia dealer shop for an oil change, and one quart of oil drains out. Its a miracle the cars aren't knocking. The general public is pretty pathetic with their vehicle care, because they don't care.

The people that come into the service dept with a tpms light really make me laugh. You can't put air into you're tires? Really?

No matter how much you help, talk to, lecture,etc- some people just have to learn the hard way.

Originally Posted By: subiedriver
You should see the cars that come into our Kia dealer shop for an oil change, and one quart of oil drains out. Its a miracle the cars aren't knocking. The general public is pretty pathetic with their vehicle care, because they don't care.

The people that come into the service dept with a tpms light really make me laugh. You can't put air into you're tires? Really?

You know what though, if you keep doing this and it keeps coming back on.... It's not the owners fault, it's the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back