couple GC issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

I would wait for another UOA, without any additives this time.

I agree with doing an OCI without additives, but if we want this apples-to-apples comparison to be as accurate as possible, then don't we want to replicate the previous OCI as closely as possible during this OCI, right down to the type, amount and timing of additive use, not to mention brand and grade of gasoline as well as the driving mix?

Unfortunately, the Lucas has already been used and we can't do anything about the differences in weather, but the more variables we control, the better, right?

Quote:

but if we want this apples-to-apples comparison to be as accurate as possible, then don't we want to replicate the previous OCI as closely as possible during this OCI, right down to the type, amount and timing of additive use, not to mention brand and grade of gasoline as well as the driving mix?

So if we keep everything the same and get a similar UOA (with elevated metals), then how does it help us? We will still not know whether the issues is with the additives or something else. What I was suggesting is to keep everything the same except for one thing - removing the additive - to see what difference that makes.

Quote:

So if we keep everything the same and get a similar UOA (with elevated metals), then how does it help us? We will still not know whether the issues is with the additives or something else. What I was suggesting is to keep everything the same except for one thing - removing the additive - to see what difference that makes.

Again, I agree with "keep everything the same except for one thing - removing the additive - to see what difference that makes", but it's too late to do that during this OCI.

Unfortunately, everything has not been kept the same; the oil has been replaced with something other than GC. So, having to live with that until the next change, if we want to make the most of this OCI then let's keep everything else as constants (except for the Lucas which has been introduced into the mix), do a UOA on the current brew, look at those results and then decide what to do next.

Thanks everyone. I know I am not being "scientific" about this. However, I am moving on to at least a slightly heavier oil. Perhaps I am becoming a Heavy oil person like my BMW dealer and my BMW indy mechanic. Perhaps they know a thng or two that i do not.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back