Cop stomps kids teeth out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: rockydee
I got no horse in this race but geez. Wow, by some of the logic here anyone that breaks the law is deserving of getting there teeth kicked down their throats. Imagine getting pulled over for rollin thru a stop sign, and get a cop like the tool in the video. You might just get your teeth kicked in, especially if he rolled outta bed on the wrong side that morning. I'd like to see the cop behind bars for that stunt, and let his cellmates take care of him.

It's quite simple: some people are apologists that truly believe the police can do no wrong. No act, no matter HOW egregious, is over the line for them.

And then you have the other side, who are very vocal and in big numbers, here at BITOG who think the Police are always wrong and that nothing anyone does deserves punishment. It goes both ways. Lots of members here who do nothing but bash the Police no matter what they do.

For the record I am in the middle on THIS situation and in general when Police are involved. I reserve judgment on which side I will fall on until I know the circumstances of a situation. I am no Police apologist nor am I a Police hater. I have had some very bad experiences with the Police that have left a very sour taste in my mouth( some personal some happened to others )so I have some doubts and resentment towards the Police now. However, I realize they are not all incompetent, brutal, bullies either. Most do the job for legit and praiseworthy reasons. Not all are bad as so many think and thus I will not blame all for the actions of the wrong doers. I am also glad that if needed they are just a phone call away to help.

I think the Officer was about as wrong as it can get when he kicked the young man in the teeth. He deserves to face charges and he should never be allowed to be an LEO again( anywhere ). I said that. However, as I also said, it was the young man's own choices and criminal actions that ultimately put him in the position to have it happen. Thus I feel little to no sympathy for him.

Saying I don't have any sympathy for the criminal does not mean I defend the Officer who was wrong. They were BOTH wrong and BOTH at fault for what happened. Both of them should face jail time IMO. Why does just one, the Officer, have to take all the blame here? Whatever happened to that "personal accountability" the BITOG righteous are always throwing out in other topics?

I also find it absolutely ridiculous to compare rolling through a stop sign and getting your teeth kicked in by an Office to what happened here. That is more minimizing and excuses for what this young man did if you really think that comparison applies. He had illegal drugs in his possession( I didn't see how much but he may have been dealing for all we know - even if just a small amount for personal use it is still a crime there )and he ran from the Police because of those drugs. That is NOT the same level as a traffic violation. Let's be realistic here and keep some perspective on things shall we.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
I got no horse in this race but geez. Wow, by some of the logic here anyone that breaks the law is deserving of getting there teeth kicked down their throats. Imagine getting pulled over for rollin thru a stop sign, and get a cop like the tool in the video. You might just get your teeth kicked in, especially if he rolled outta bed on the wrong side that morning. I'd like to see the cop behind bars for that stunt, and let his cellmates take care of him.

It's quite simple: some people are apologists that truly believe the police can do no wrong. No act, no matter HOW egregious, is over the line for them.

And then you have the other side, who are very vocal and in big numbers, here at BITOG who think the Police are always wrong and that nothing anyone does deserves punishment. It goes both ways. Lots of members here who do nothing but bash the Police no matter what they do.

For the record I am in the middle on THIS situation and in general when Police are involved. I reserve judgment on which side I will fall on until I know the circumstances of a situation. I am no Police apologist nor am I a Police hater. I have had some very bad experiences with the Police that have left a very sour taste in my mouth( some personal some happened to others )so I have some doubts and resentment towards the Police now. However, I realize they are not all incompetent, brutal, bullies either. Most do the job for legit and praiseworthy reasons. Not all are bad as so many think and thus I will not blame all for the actions of the wrong doers. I am also glad that if needed they are just a phone call away to help.

I think the Officer was about as wrong as it can get when he kicked the young man in the teeth. He deserves to face charges and he should never be allowed to be an LEO again( anywhere ). I said that. However, as I also said, it was the young man's own choices and criminal actions that ultimately put him in the position to have it happen. Thus I feel little to no sympathy for him.

Saying I don't have any sympathy for the criminal does not mean I defend the Officer who was wrong. They were BOTH wrong and BOTH at fault for what happened. Both of them should face jail time IMO. Why does just one, the Officer, have to take all the blame here? Whatever happened to that "personal accountability" the BITOG righteous are always throwing out in other topics?

I also find it absolutely ridiculous to compare rolling through a stop sign and getting your teeth kicked in by an Office to what happened here. That is more minimizing and excuses for what this young man did if you really think that comparison applies. He had illegal drugs in his possession( I didn't see how much but he may have been dealing for all we know - even if just a small amount for personal use it is still a crime there )and he ran from the Police because of those drugs. That is NOT the same level as a traffic violation. Let's be realistic here and keep some perspective on things shall we.

You're right, let's keep this in perspective. He ran from a cop because he had some weed on him and then surrendered. He didn't murder or assault anyone, he didn't commit a robbery, he didn't have a weapon on him. Hands were in the air and he gets physically assaulted by the cop. No excuse.

So just why should the victim face jail time? BTW, I doubt anyone cares about your sympathy.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

You're right, let's keep this in perspective. He ran from a cop because he had some weed on him and then surrendered. He didn't murder or assault anyone, he didn't commit a robbery, he didn't have a weapon on him. Hands were in the air and he gets physically assaulted by the cop. No excuse.

So just why should the victim face jail time? BTW, I doubt anyone cares about your sympathy.

I have not once excused the Officer in any way shape or form and I defy you to show me where I have done so. His actions were wrong and illegal and I said as much. I am simply trying to hold the young man accountable for his part in this as well. He is not an innocent victim as you call him.

A victim in this case would be someone who has done nothing wrong. This young man would be a victim if he was walking down the street minding his own business and got stomped for no reason out of the blue. That is NOT what happened here. He is a criminal and HIS choice to run from the Officer earlier, because he had illegal drugs in his possession, is what ultimately lead to this.

Who said I have any sympathy for either? I don't. I also could care less if the cop haters and those without a drop of common sense think I am some kind of nut. I am one of the few in this thread who is looking at it with no bias. I can see the wrong by both and thus both are wrong IMO.

Why should that young man face jail time? Are you serious? Illegal drug possession and running rom the Police. Both are crimes. Wow! You sound like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton always blaming the Police for the crimes committed by those in their "ethnic community" and wanting the criminal to get a free pass. The young man committed CRIMES and THAT is why he deserves jail.

What that young man did( ie; the drug possession and running rom the Officer )were flat out STUPID! Did he deserve a stomp to the face as he was surrendering? NO and I said so in my 1st post in this thread. However, he made bad choices and ultimately HIS choices lead to what happened so chalk it up to a lesson learned. Don't go swimming with sharks if you are bleeding or you will get attacked. Don't touch exposed live wires or you will get electrocuted. Don't break the law and run from the Police or bad things happen when they finally catch you. COMMON SENSE!

Let's be clear here about what I have been saying...

1) - The Officer deserves to be charged and go to jail for the assault/excessive force. Also, he should never again be allowed to be an LEO anywhere. He shouldn't even be allowed to be a Security Guard at a playdough factory.

2) - The young man also broke the law however and the excessive force does not excuse that nor negate it. He should face charges and go to jail for drug possession and for running from the Police.

3) - It is my "opinion" as well that the young man should receive nothing in the way of a monetary reward/settlement in any kind of law suit. IF he hadn't been breaking the law he wouldn't have got stomped. So as said lesson learned and end of story.

Last edited:
IF he hadn't been breaking the law he wouldn't have got stomped.

Despite all your long winded denials, just just blamed the guy, ONCE AGAIN.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
IF he hadn't been breaking the law he wouldn't have got stomped.

Despite all your long winded denials, just just blamed the guy, ONCE AGAIN.

NO I DID NOT blame him for what the Officer did( ie; a boot to the face ). You and some others either refuse to acknowledge my point or you have poor reading comprehension skills? It is one or the other.

Just because I do not think the young man is an innocent victim, as most do here, it does not mean I think he deserved a boot to the face. How many times do I have to repeat that? The Officer was WRONG!!!! for kicking him in the face!!!!!
33.gif

The young man shoulders the responsibility for everything that happened to him however, because of the bad choices he made, EXCEPT for the getting kicked part. He deserved to be arrested and he deserves to go to jail for drugs and running from the Police. He did NOT deserve a kick to the face however and I have said that over and over.

It is like 2 people yakking on their cell phones, while driving, crashing into each other because they weren't paying attention. Neither one is solely to blame. Both sides were wrong so both sides need to deal with the consequences of what they did. Pretty simple. Both should get violations for using the cells while driving( if illegal there )but each side should be responsible for their own repairs and medical. Neither one should be able to sue the other either.

The rest of you can holler and cry out in righteous indignation all you want about this poor "kid". I laugh when people say things like "he just had a little weed on him" as if that is no big deal. That is a crimes and a serious one to boot folks. So is running from the Police. Those 2 acts make him a criminal. Not deserving of a boot to the face but deserving of arrest, trial, and jail time for what HE did on his own. If you do something really stupid( or criminal )you sort of deserve what you get( and I don't mean a kick to the face before one of you wise guys throws that back at me ).

Oh, and I get long winded because people can't seem to grasp simple concepts so you have to go on and on, hoping the finally get it.

I am curious about something. Let's take the kick to the face out of this for a minute and look at what lead up to that moment. Let's change what happened at the end too for the sake of discussion.

So, the young man still has the illegal drugs in his possession when the Officer approaches him to ask a question about another, unrelated, crime, The young man once again chooses to run from the Officer as he approaches because he has the drugs on him. Let's say it all plays out the same after that too where the young man runs to the minim-mart( or whatever it was )and calls his Dad and the Officer catches up to him inside. I am just laying the timeline out that was reported here as well - no embellishing or anything.

Here is where it plays different. The Officer doesn't kick him in the face as he surrenders and starts to lay flat on the floor and instead just cuffs him. The young man is arrested for illegal drug possession and whatever the charge would be for running( resisting arrest? ). He goes to court and is found guilty and sentenced to some time in jail or at least probation.

Now, do you still feel he "just had a little weed on him" and that his 2 criminal acts were no big deal? Or, do you now say the dumb-arse got what he deserved for having the drugs and for running? Again, take the Officer kicking him in the face out. Do you feel what he did is criminal and deserving of some form of punishment( under the law and through the legal system )? Is he a moron for what he did?

If you think so then you feel exactly as I do. I can't excuse that part of the real story. In other words the whole sequence of events and bad choices the young man made that lead up to the point where the Officer lost it and kicked him. The Officer deserves any consequences that come his way for kicking him but this young man is just NOT an innocent victim as so many are making him out to be.

We all need to separate the 2 people and what they each did and hold each of them accountable for their individual actions and choices. I am sorry, but I just don't feel the excessive force negates the criminal acts the young man committed and I feel he should face the consequences of those choices he made.

I hope this explains my view on this better?

Last edited:

Now, do you still feel he "just had a little weed on him" and that his 2 criminal acts were no big deal? ....negates the criminal acts the young man committed

I never said or implied ANY of this. I did say the guy "should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law". (on page 4)

Did you just miss that, or is there reading comprehension issues?

Originally Posted By: gfh77665

Now, do you still feel he "just had a little weed on him" and that his 2 criminal acts were no big deal? ....negates the criminal acts the young man committed

I never said or implied ANY of this. I did say the guy "should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law". (on page 4)

Did you just miss that, or is there reading comprehension issues?

Holy Cow! Readin this thread you'd think the fullest extent of the law to some people means stomping the kids teeth out. Sad what this world is comin to.

1) - The Officer deserves to be charged and go to jail for the assault/excessive force. Also, he should never again be allowed to be an LEO anywhere. He shouldn't even be allowed to be a Security Guard at a playdough factory.

2) - The young man also broke the law however and the excessive force does not excuse that nor negate it. He should face charges and go to jail for drug possession and for running from the Police.

3) - It is my "opinion" as well that the young man should receive nothing in the way of a monetary reward/settlement in any kind of law suit. IF he hadn't been breaking the law he wouldn't have got stomped. So as said lesson learned and end of story.

Your point 3 contradicts what you say in points 1 & 2. If he didn't deserve to be stomped, then he needs to be made whole for the damage. You don't lose all your rights when you break the law.

Say you get stopped for a driving offence and they tow your vehicle and it's then destroyed in an accident. The insurance companies of the people responsible can't claim that they don't need to pay out because nothing would have happened if you hadn't broken a law in the first place.

ThorpeyD, that is precisely how it works in the USA. If your car is destroyed while in the possession of the police force they will shoulder zero responsibility for it.

Just as they will shoulder no responsibility when the trash with badges kill innocent people. The only way that justice is ever remotely served is if an incident is captured on private video to show the truth. Even then they cops try to retrieve the video and destroy it. Otherwise you can 100% of the time expect the thugs to lie to cover their behinds.

It's truly a sad state we now live in.

Originally Posted By: FowVay

It's truly a sad state we now live in.

It's not supposed to be that way. This is supposed to be the freest most democratic place on earth.

That's why people are concerned about recent events. First they beat poor black people and nobody says anything. Then they come for you. Freedom has to be fought every day both here and abroad.

I regret checking this topic.

Guy sees cop, starts running. Cop runs after him, telling him to stop. Cop finally catches up with guy.

Cop: Why were you running?
Guy: My doctor told me to run five miles a day.
Cop: Well, why did you think I was running after you?
Guy: I thought you went to the same doctor.

Lots of members here who do nothing but bash the Police no matter what they do.

I also find it absolutely ridiculous to compare rolling through a stop sign and getting your teeth kicked in by an Office to what happened here.

It's not bashing the police. It's holding them responsible for doing a proper job in a free society. If we put undue pressure and responsibility on them so be it. People are innocent until proven guilty. It's the cornerstone of the principles the founding fathers set up. This is not a kingdom. It is a country run by the people and for the people.

It always starts out as something simple. A broken tail light, rolling through a stop sign. I barely chirped the tires on Colfax Ave Denver Co. and ended up with my face shoved into the trunk of my car by a Lakewood police officer who seemed to think he owned the street. I got written up for exhibition of speed. The cop did not show up at court because he knew he was wrong. We just called it a wash.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

Lots of members here who do nothing but bash the Police no matter what they do.

I also find it absolutely ridiculous to compare rolling through a stop sign and getting your teeth kicked in by an Office to what happened here.

It's not bashing the police. It's holding them responsible for doing a proper job in a free society. If we put undue pressure and responsibility on them so be it. People are innocent until proven guilty. It's the cornerstone of the principles the founding fathers set up. This is not a kingdom. It is a country run by the people and for the people.

It always starts out as something simple. A broken tail light, rolling through a stop sign. I barely chirped the tires on Colfax Ave Denver Co. and ended up with my face shoved into the trunk of my car by a Lakewood police officer who seemed to think he owned the street. I got written up for exhibition of speed. The cop did not show up at court because he knew he was wrong. We just called it a wash.

Thanks for bringing some reality to this place. Cops are supposed to be trained, and hopefully have some common sense. Yea the kid was wrong, no one said he wasn't.

I heard this used before and in reading the bible. Let the one who is free from sin cast the first stone. Bottom line no one is perfect, yea the kid had dope on him, yea he ran from the cop. He also surrendered, did he need his teeth kicked in? Wouldn't handcuffing him and arresting him have accomplished the mission, and saved the kid a lot of pain and havin to go thru the rest of his life with f'ed up fake teeth. The cop should pay, with his hard earned cash, pension, benefits, jail time and anything else a courts can toss his way.

If that was my daughter or nephew the cop would be..............fill it in boys.

As far as rolling thru a stop sign, some twisted M/F tool like that cop might just kick your teeth in. [censored] happens! That vid just proved it.

After seeing so many badge-wielding thugs, my wife and I are truly wondering if we should start carrying suicide pills...

Let's not forget some criminal wear a uniform and carry a badge.
Just cuz they do, does not mean they are any less criminal than corner crack sniffing pimp keeping sex slaves and selling drugs.
Heck, here in town, 4 of Grand rapids officers where caught supplying drugs to the prisoners in the country jail.

what amazes us is the consensus that other good cops should lie for these criminal working with them.

Nobody here is bashing honest cops here.

Originally Posted By: BRZED

Guy sees cop, starts running. Cop runs after him, telling him to stop. Cop finally catches up with guy.

Cop: Why were you running?
Guy: My doctor told me to run five miles a day.
Cop: Well, why did you think I was running after you?
Guy: I thought you went to the same doctor.

LOL, thanks for posting.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
Just cuz they do, does not mean they are any less criminal than corner crack sniffing pimp keeping sex slaves and selling drugs.
Heck, here in town, 4 of Grand rapids officers where caught supplying drugs to the prisoners in the country jail.

what amazes us is the consensus that other good cops should lie for these criminal working with them.

I'm at then point where I wonder if there are ANY honest cops left...

Originally Posted By: stockrex

The vast majority of cops are good cops, its the few bad ones that get all the headlines. Right or wrong one bad apple is all it takes to bring the whole barrel under suspicion.

So is it police procedure that a person who " puts themselves in a position" automatically has their human right revoked, and is subject to any brand of death or abuse?

I keep seeing this argument a lot. Is that policy, ,or just personal opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back