Chewed out a speeding kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. that's insane speed for a residential. I would call the cops and report. You made an extra effort. Hopefully your mailbox will be standing next week. When I used to yell at the kids for riding dirtbikes uop and down the shoulder with no silencer they would pull my mailbox out of the ground and toss it in the stream.

Now what is a kid doing with a $40K car?
Did he take his dads keys? I did that a couple times in the early 80's with my father's Porsche 944. That was a good handling car.
Definitely a parents car because the license plate was NH moose plate with older 4 digit +C number and no kid would ever afix it to their car. People speed but this was new level of crazy. I don't believe he will ever return and he was sincerely apologetic.

Hopefully your speech makes a impact before something happens that will affect his life or someone else’s life forever.

I live on a two lane street that has a long straight stretch. The kids like to speed down that. About a half mile from me the road has a rise. Several months ago a kid speeding hit that and lost control. Car hit a tree head on. He lived but I’m sure he will feel the effects of that for the rest of his life. His legs were busted up badly according to the news.

I've been yelled at before even though I almost never go over 20 in the neighborhood where is it 25 throughout. I'm either taching out 2nd or almost stalling in 3rd to keep it quiet. I think they assume that because of the Borla ATAK exhaust that I am speeding.

There is a couple in their 80s behind my house and a few over and whenever I go by in the Mustang the husband puts his hand up to his ear and tries to get me to either rev it or do a burnout in front of their house. I usually put the clutch in and give it a quick rev when he does that.

I had a guy yell at me in my neighborhood for going 24 mph in a 25 mph zone.

All because his idiot wife and idiot kids decided it was a great idea to ride all down the neighborhood street on their bikes in the middle of the road. How about move over?
If you live in a non residential loop, the neighbors and kids will be walking their dogs and riding bikes and playing hop scotch and running RC cars. I am a VERY fast driver but not in a cul de sac or a side residential loop. There about 20 mph thendown to a crawl if someone is in the road. That's what you do. There is absolutely No right of way for cars in that situation.

Now, State Highway residential areas get 45MPH + if they like it or not. You live on a State highway that's your problem. 25mph no way.

We have walkers and dog walkers constantly. I yell at people driving too fast. And there are plenty of them.
And sometimes I am under a car in the street...

I knew someone who purchased a radar unit and would utilize it, due to lack of law enforcement. He was making an expensive point. But, I know of a 10 year old boy who ran in front of speeding car and was killed. I agree that OP may want to consider speaking with LE about the ongoing problem. Get license plate info if you can safely and report it.

We have walkers and dog walkers constantly. I yell at people driving too fast. And there are plenty of them.
And sometimes I am under a car in the street...
I can hear your neighbors now, "Look at that poor man! Forced to work on his OWN car!. Must be due to some unfortunate reversal of fortune and downturn of luck. Herbert, call the HOA now and inform them of this transgression."

I can hear your neighbors now, "Look at that poor man! Forced to work on his OWN car!. Must be due to some unfortunate reversal of fortune and downturn of luck. Herbert, call the HOA now and inform them of this transgression."
You might be surprised. I get a lotta questions. Pump up low tires when they freak out over the dash light... Sometimes buy their cars... I loan out the Tundra. Let them test drive the Model 3. Then they buy one... Ha!

Last edited:
I get that from my neighbors. Fortunately my side of the street is not a part of the HOA. I've literally had people stop by and ask if my landlord knows what I am doing. I usually look back at the house and then back at them and say "ya, I'm cool with it." which usually gets my point across.

All because his idiot wife and idiot kids decided it was a great idea to ride all down the neighborhood street on their bikes in the middle of the road. How about move over?
Why not slow the hell down. The speed limit is only the limit if it is safe.

A cyclist on a bike is entitled to an entire lane.

I hear it said that bicycle people have the same "rights" as motorcar drivers. The other day I saw this dude on a skateboard in line with traffic at an intersection at a red light. BUSY four lane major road (each side four lanes plus a turning lane in the middle) and a 45mph speed limit. I was like,***?? A skateboard??

I wonder what the legalities of that are? Legal or not, it's totally boneheaded!!

You should've stopped, got out, and told that guy to "you know what" himself.

My parents lit me up anytime they saw me playing, riding, etc in the middle of the street when I was a kid. Guy sounds like a total douche. He needs to teach his wife and kids some common sense the way our parents taught us growing up, instead of teaching them "entitlement".

You should've stopped, got out, and told that guy to "you know what" himself.

My parents lit me up anytime they saw me playing, riding, etc in the middle of the street when I was a kid. Guy sounds like a total douche. He needs to teach his wife and kids some common sense the way our parents taught us growing up, instead of teaching them "entitlement".
So the car crowding and speeding past a family legally using a public road in a neighborhood is in the right, and the father is the douche?

So the car crowding and speeding past a family legally using a public road in a neighborhood is in the right, and the father is the douche?
We always and still get to the side of the road when a car approaches if we're on foot, bicycles, skateboards, throwing a football, throwing a frisbee, etc. Nick wasn't speeding past a family, he was actually legally driving on the street, going slower than the posted speed limit. Heck I can sit Indian style in the middle of a public street if I choose to do so, but the logical side of my brain says it's not a logical choice. People these days just don't feel the need to exercise common sense.

If that were me and my family, I'd tell them to get he hell out of the middle of the road....car coming.

There are no lanes, it's a neighborhood. Here is where it was where all 5 of them were just camped out taking up the entire road.

0D6429D2-DE4C-4F4A-A6AC-F5871FC8DD01.jpeg

Same happens here and that's not how it pans out. They get smack dab in the middle of the road between both lanes, going slower than 15 mph, and get upset if you pass them like you would any other obstacle in the road. Yes they're entitled to their lane, ALL of that lane, but only their lane, not to give people grief for passing them in the other lane if going at or below the speed limit.

I'm extra cautious around children but it's very annoying when the parent tries to shift the burden instead of apologizing for being a crappy parent putting their child at risk by not teaching them how to ride safely on public streets. If they are too young to understand, note there is a sidewalk in that picture above that they can use.

I'm definitely not insensitive to cyclists, being one myself for recreation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back