Consumer Reports - 2017 predicted reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah - there is that Siamese cat looking model
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Sounds like the police or deputies could make some money off these boys before someone gets hurt ...

My neighbor is deputy Sheriff. We talked about it and actually they are very aware of all LED issue (even those Wranglers). However, to write ticket according to her, it requires equipment to prove that light are dangerous for oncoming traffic.
So i relay on my high beams HID to let them know they have an issue.

Originally Posted By: yeti

the Honda fanboys are conspicuous by their absence. gee, I wonder why? they only want to hear things that they want to hear. some are likely in hyperventilation, heart attack, or denial mode.
at any rate,let the comedy continue, and have a good day.

I was one who certainly didnt hesitate to talk against Toyota and Honda when it made sense to do so.

Yet we bought a Honda minivan because we felt it was best in class from a design and value standpoint. Compared to our friends' same year Sienna, we were right.

My Accord Hybrid, bought on a whim of wanting a bigger car has also been flawless.

No dealer visits, nothing broken, etc.

I read someplace that the "reliability" numbers were often down due to the "infotainment" systems being difficult to use or people being unable to sync their phones. I have to say I prefer the Honda system to others Ive used in rental cars. For us that too has been flawless.

Yeah - I have read a million times people can't figure out Ford's touch screen - my wife and I are no spring chicken's and don't see what is so complicated ...

Toyota is more reliable and cheaper to buy. Honda is snake oil, over priced and reliability is not anything like Toyota. Long term they burn oil and trannies are always the things to watch for trouble.

FIAT really screwed up in my opinion by slapping the JEEP logo on everything. They are or have messed up a good name by dumming-down the Jeep brand. Ed

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Jeep really went down hill with MB then Fiat.

They were never really all that "up hill". Jeeps are notorious for having bad CR ratings. Wrangler people just don't care and keep buying them. I think for the most part it's relative and they're still more reliable than anything 20 years ago...

Right - the Car Pro show mentions often that cars in general are better - and if he thinks a particular make/year is past a previous mechanical issue ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back