Complete HVAC Job With Tankless Water Heater

Being this is a world wide forum, we need to remember electric costs and savings vary all around the world.
I dont feel the need to have a super efficient AC unit at a higher cost and the very real possibility of being less reliable from what I read in here.

My electric costs are 10 cents a KWH depending on how I manage our peak usage rate but that is pretty consistent. Plus a $29 a month "service charge"
Yet I see some, not many at all, neighbors upgrade AC systems here like crazy instead of repairs and very, very few even get solar panels. I fell they wont even live in the house anymore by the time they make any money back and cant help feel that they are a product of really good sales people.
Throw in the fact that todays solars panels will look like dinosaurs on roofs compared to the new modern looking roof shingles which I suspect will be mainstream in 15 years.
Exactly
It is even hard to recoup money spent on a 16 seer over a 14 seer AC unit. We all like getting a deal and saving money but if you run the numbers over 10 years often we save nothing. Average climate of course.

Reactions: JC1
We only run AC here about 3 months a year. Not much savings to be had using something like a 20 seer.

But I will spend a few more $$$ to do a minor upgrade to my propane heaters. There I can see some savings and in the attic I want a very quiet setup. But I won't go crazy.

Reactions: JC1
Back