Coffee - Your Current Brew

Forgive the messy counter I was reorganizing the cupboards and pooped out.. with bad head cold.
Actually looking at this pic the moccamaster needs a cleaning again too..

I call it "Rand Roast" 3-10 and 3-21
image_2022-03-21_215703.png

0F8052A0-024B-4405-87F8-C9A2BAD275DF.jpeg

8F132E65-965B-4F25-86CD-65CC3D7625E2.jpeg

B7CF5F39-BC5F-44CF-BD46-F21BA7036656.jpeg

My most recent coffees. The Black Rifle stuff is amazing. This one is whole bean. Luckily we found the top to our coffee grinder so we can grind it up. We got it at Ace Hardware they are the only ones around who sell it that we have found. This one looked interesting so we tried it. Then some good ole Folgers classic roast and some Special Roast which is really good but not as powerful as the country roast when it comes to waking you up lol.

Just received an order from Peet's about an hour ago. My general routine is to make a cup of French press in the morning and then during the day grab a short cup of Nespresso. About 1/3 of the time in the AM I'll have tea instead of coffee. There are several of Peet's blends that I like, and so my orders vary.

Coffee.jpg

Last edited:
I've gone full half caf. :ROFLMAO:

Good light medium roast Brazil mixed with good swiss water decaf beans - varies sometimes even espresso beans. Mix the beans whole then grind as needed.

Gold sieve pour over.

Add some organic cocoa powder.

Maybe Whole Earth sweetener, half and half

Drink of the Gods

I've gone full half caf. :ROFLMAO:

Good light medium roast Brazil mixed with good swiss water decaf beans - varies sometimes even espresso beans. Mix the beans whole then grind as needed.

Gold sieve pour over.

Add some organic cocoa powder.

Maybe Whole Earth sweetener, half and half

Drink of the Gods
Full half-caf ... that's funny.

You might like this ...

I drink so much coffee now that I buy whatever I can find onsale. Lately, it is Peet's Major Dickason's K-Cups. Also, have some Folgers and Maxwell House from Costco. I can't always be picky. Last year I was able to get some Peet's K-Cups extremely cheap so I tried a ****load of different ones including CHalet Blend, Sumatra, Brazil, Guatamala, House Blend, French Roast, Organic Alma De La Tierra, Cafe Domingo, Big Bang and Holiday Blend. I liked the House Blend, Chalet Belnd, Holiday Blend, Cafe Domingo and Big Bang. The others we just ok to me but I end up with the Major most frequently since we like it and I can usually find deals. I did have another organic Peet's but it wasn't a K-Cup and I don't remember exactly what it was but it was good. I actually prefer the Major ground over the K-Cup but beggars can't be choosers! I did buy myself some Shoprite Columbian blend and I hated it. I also can deal with Green Mountain Dark Magic.

I picked up a bag of this along with some others.

It’s a blend of beans from Brazil, PPG, Sumatra and Tanzania so a wide world presence. A nice dark roast. The taste is sweet but not overpowering. I used a coarse grind for pour over and a bit lower water temperature.

Both of these are locally roasted in Anchorage.

From a local roaster called SteamDot, we've been recently buying their whole bean coffee at Costco. It's good and the price is right.
SteamDot

Also at Costco and Walmart, we occasionally buy my absolute favorite Silverhook Alaska Coffee in their Kodiak blend. It's organic deliciousness and NOT over-roasted!
SilverHook Kodiak Blend

Last edited:
Miscela d'Oro is the brand my favorite coffee & pastry uses ☕
Lavazza is a close second
I can never get it right, so I defer to the experts
Altho I just ordered a Moka pot, I'll give DIY a go again 👀
Crema di caffe hits different in the hot summer 🤤

Some fun ones above!
We try different kinds all the time (tried Kicking Horse mentioned above which was great but not easily available here). My current favorite is actually "True Blue" from local Blue State Coffee Roasters. Dark roast with high caffeine level, medium grind and auto drip or pourover. Also great is super-dark "Fogbuster" (formerly from Dean's beans but they changed their name to match their best selling blend).

Back