Coffee - Your Current Brew

We use the Kirkland Signature Columbian Supremo Whole Bean (grey, 3 lb. bag with the leopard / jaguar's face).
This coffee hits the spot.
Agreed. It's a great everyday coffee and consistently good. We get that and the Peets Major Dickasons blend at Costco

Vergnano.jpg
Lavazza.jpg

• Love
Reactions: GON
Today I did a experiment on coffee pour over regarding the water. Most people say to divide your total pour into five pours. Most will keep the first pour smaller. So in my case I brew a 560ml batch with 38gm of coffee beans.

This morning I flipped the process around. My pours were , 120ml>240ml>360ml>460ml>560ml. Notice the bigger pours at the beginning. The coffee was Dillanos Rogue Blend which is roasted medium dark. I should add that the water temperature was around 190-195°F. Not yet boiling and at the lower range of brew temps.

This turned out incredible. I think this is better for darker roasts though I will try it on a lighter roast coffee tomorrow for comparison.

Been staying pretty much with Red Bird lately but decide to try Dillanos again but only the medium light roast. A long time ago I tried some Papua New Guinea and liked it so I'll see if this is any good. Also order some Ava Blonde and Rio Azul, both of the are medium light roasted and very good.

Papua-New-Guinea-12oz-300x300.jpg

Nice 1/3 caffeine mocha

Whole fresh beans:
1 part Brazil SO, 1 part Starbucks Decaf espresso and 1 part Starbucks Pike Place decaf

Grind for your method

When poured add one scoop of rich cocoa powder. Allow to dissolve then stir in your sweetener if needed then half half or milk of choice.

Enjoy

Just ordered a LOT of coffee. All K-Cups. 32ct Peet's Sumatra, 60ct Peet's House Blend, 54ct Peet's French Roast, 60ct Peet's Bing Band, 2x60ct Peet's Pumpkin Spice, 4x75ct Peet's Major Dickason and a 100ct of Solimo Dark Roast. Should last me 4 - 6 months.

Went back to just Cafe Bustelo. Inherited a small espresso machine with my desk from the previous employee. Not sure I ever want to go back to basic percolators now. Like, I would consider buying one of these for my family/home. Only other brewing way I might try is Cold brew.

Went back to just Cafe Bustelo. Inherited a small espresso machine with my desk from the previous employee. Not sure I ever want to go back to basic percolators now. Like, I would consider buying one of these for my family/home. Only other brewing way I might try is Cold brew.
Try this instead, you won't be disappointed.

Back