Coffee - Your Current Brew

Whats the best decaf I can have shipped to me? looking for 1lb or so for after dinner coffee.

Whats the best decaf I can have shipped to me? looking for 1lb or so for after dinner coffee.
I don't know if it's the best, but it's the best I've tried so far (the light roast):

You can usually get it cheaper through Amazon, although it seems to be OOS there at the moment.

My latest from Dillanos. This is from the Huehuetenango region in Guatemala and is really good. I have one other one I have not tried yet.

View attachment 89266

Their medium light roasts are very nice. I just picked up some Ava Blonde today. Also I got a bag of Hannah’s Reserve. It’s a medium roast blend with a portion of the beans from India. Also a bag of Ferro Sidama

Their medium light roasts are very nice. I just picked up some Ava Blonde today. Also I got a bag of Hannah’s Reserve. It’s a medium roast blend with a portion of the beans from India. Also a bag of Ferro Sidama
You'll have to let me know what you think of the Ava Blonde, I thought it was really good and will definitely order it again soon.

That Hannah's Reserve is on my list, a Brazil, Guatemala and India blend sounds good.

This one is from Costa Rica and is ok, I've had better from Costa Rica.

DCR-Las-Lajas-Coffee-Bag.jpg

You'll have to let me know what you think of the Ava Blonde, I thought it was really good and will definitely order it again soon.

That Hannah's Reserve is on my list, a Brazil, Guatemala and India blend sounds good.

This one is from Costa Rica and is ok, I've had better from Costa Rica.

View attachment 89315

I brewed up the Hannah this morning. I really like it. It’s labeled as a medium roast but I would say it’s a step darker than that. Full bodied, great flavor. The beans are monsooned washed and I had to look that up. The exposure to the monsoon rain and wind helps to reduce the acidity without losing the flavor.

I have favored darker roasts since the beginning and this one I will buy again.

B8F5BFF0-75A7-4064-B3BF-FA2A791CD118.jpeg

Two more kinds of the Five Star Strong. I loved the last kind so I figured I’d try these. Both are pretty good. They are strong and will wake you up for sure. I like both about equally of course the breakfast blend is best for the morning as it’s a breakfast blend lol.

Nice set up. Did you have to upgrade the entire group or just the shower screen and filter/basket?
Thanks! Just the screen and basket. Completely changed my entire grind/tamp procedure, so took a while to dial it back in. About a year ago updated it to the newest pump, which is slightly higher pressure. Machine is about 20 years old now. Next up will be to PID it.

I'm the only one that drinks, so I've gone to single dose machines (Nespresso, Lavazza, etc.) My first machine, which I still have, is a Gaggia Classic with a Brasilia BFD grinder.
The Gaggia Classic is a classic for a reason. Nice machine! Do you have a favourite Nespresso pod? Always looks for suggestions.

Back