Chevy brought the blazer back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry, I used to remember off roading when I was a kid in a S10 Blazer. That thing looks about as off road capable as my Crown Vic.
It also looks pretty generic, as pointed out already.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
They should've just sold the Brazilian TrailBlazer over here

That would make too much sense, and if they did, they'd ask $75,000 for it or something stupid.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Yuck. Looks like a Camry stretched in odd ways.

I was hoping to essentially see a swb 4x4 1500 Silverado with a set of rear seats and a cargo bay in back.

That's what I would want. RCSB 4x4 with a removable roof, but like the original blazers where it came off over the cab and was essentially a convertible pick up truck with a seat in the back.

If they had actually done that with a manual trans and leaving the option open for diesel power they could have really had something. Now they have turned a once legendary model into a joke. They should have taken a stab at competing with the Jeep WUL.

It definitely doesn’t seem like it would fare well off road but I read that it can tow 4500 pounds with the V-6. I think that’s a little less than the older versions but pretty comparable to others in the segment. I wouldn’t be interested in one myself but I bet it will sell just fine. I had a 1987 with the 2.8 V-6 which I think made all of about 120 horsepower. The new power train options sound much nicer!

You guys are killing me.

I actually owned a 1971 K-5 Blazer for 10 years. Removeable top. 3.08 gears 4 speed 350.
It was big, rode like poop, sucked down the gas and not really practical. I did love it for what it was.

You all talk like you are going out and buying a 2 door Blazer. You are not.

Looks aside which I am not fond of, it is what the market wants. Not what would be cool to see but you will never buy.

There is a reason the 2 door Blazer and 2 door Bronco went away for so long. People like to talk about them but they don't sell enough to put food on the table.

This thing? Well it is in between an Equinox and Traverse. Not into to CUV/SUVs but people will buy them because they are fairly practical and easy to navigate.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Everybody is driving the same little garbage crossover. They have different brand badges on front.

I'm really sick of looking at them.

It's the new generic sedan.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike

You all talk like you are going out and buying a 2 door Blazer. You are not.

I like 2 doors, I like RWD, I like SUVs and I like a Chevy. Take my money!

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Im sorry, I used to remember off roading when I was a kid in a S10 Blazer. That thing looks about as off road capable as my Crown Vic.
It also looks pretty generic, as pointed out already.

I'd take your crown vic off road before this thing. Looks like the Camaro and the Traverse made a few sins and this was the end result.

Last edited:
I wish auto manufacturers would quit pooping on the names of their once legendary products. If GM wants to make that thing fine, but call it something else...

When your dog dies you don't replace it with a cat and give it the same name.

I saw the subject line of this thread and got really excited, then saw the picture and am so disappointed.

I mean for a soccer mom car it looks good, but to use the Blazer name? Disgusting.

I mean at least use the Trailblazer's name.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I saw the subject line of this thread and got really excited, then saw the picture and am so disappointed.

I mean for a soccer mom car it looks good, but to use the Blazer name? Disgusting.

It's a nice looking C/SUV with a real V6. Believe it or not, they're becoming rare. The mainstream vehicle is a little crossover with a 1.5T and a CVT
37.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude

It's a nice looking C/SUV with a real V6. Believe it or not, they're becoming rare. The mainstream vehicle is a little crossover with a 1.5T and a CVT
37.gif
It's still plastic soccer mom car with no ground clearance, try taking it off the beaten path and you'll probably rip a $1,000 bumper off the front.

The V6 is optional, the 2.5L Malibu engine is standard. It's also FWD standard.

This is a Blazer. I just wish they'd use another name and maybe bring the Blazer back as an off-road vehicle, at least make the Colorado an SUV since it's got off-road capability.

This is a Blazer. I just wish they'd use another name and maybe bring the Blazer back as an off-road vehicle, at least make the Colorado an SUV since it's got off-road capability.

Agreed, they need something to set themselves apart from the Asian competition.

I don't understand the logic here on GMs part. This is designed to compete with the Ford Edge, and presumably the Nissan Murano. Neither sell all that well. It is placed between the Equinox and Traverse and I am sure most will go ahead and spend the extra money on the Traverse for more space. Nothing major separates the Blazer apart from them either. If it were body on frame, or had appropriate suspension design for off-roading, the Duramax 2.8,or even true 4 wheel drive, it would be far more acceptable to create this 'tweener'. They should have based it off of the Colorado. The interior design looks horrible. Don't even get me started on the name. One good attribute for this vehicle is that they are using the 2.5 EcoTec engine instead of the pathetic 1.5T.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Everybody is driving the same little garbage crossover. They have different brand badges on front.

Completely agree.
This may have been more fun to post the picture, minus the badge, and see what people might have guessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back