Chevy brought the blazer back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Everybody is driving the same little garbage crossover. They have different brand badges on front.

I'm really sick of looking at them.

It's the new generic sedan.

Why bother getting a car when you don't care about handling? Why not a micro CUV that is basically a car but higher?

I always see old people driving them, I think because they are not low like a car and easier to get into. My dad is 60 and can barely get into my Jetta that is lowered like an inch. Being higher increases visibility, and I would think it is not as hard to judge distance as a large truck because the vehicle is shorter.

It's basically a car that has a higher center of gravity and more interior space.

But yeah, in the 90s-2000s it was the sedan that looked like a grain of rice because steel bumpers wreck pedestrians, and aerodynamics I suppose. Now we have higher beltlines with massive wheels and low profile tires due to collision safety regulations.

I'd love to see that thing try and tow my 4500lb boat. That 3.6L is AWFUL. It sucks in the Colorado, it sucks in the Traverse and it sucks in the Camaro.

I'd be excited if they brought over the TrailBlazer with the baby Duramax, but for some reason GM feels the need to offer a Trax, an Equinox, a Blazer, a Traverse, a Tahoe, and a Suburban - JUST FOR CHEVY! Then there's the GMC version of the same exact thing, Buick spinoff, Cadillac editions as well. Come on.

Stop making me buy cars from other manufacturers to suit my needs! I'm trying to like GM right now but their products aside from the Camaro and Corvette suck hard.

Crossovers are the all season tires of the automotive world. They do just about everything with lots of mediocrity.

Last edited:
All of you critics - name a CUV with a 3.6 offered.
The new Cadillac XT5
grin2.gif

And the previous SRX
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
The new Cadillac XT5
grin2.gif

And the previous SRX
laugh.gif

ALRIGHT I GET IT!
grin2.gif

But I was thinking this was more of a CR-V, RAV-4, Tucson size vehicle which would be a real hoot with a 3.6 instead of the little turbos everyone else is going to.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
I hear "Blazer" and I picture a 2 door Tahoe. This ain't it.

That is what entered my mind as well.

As far as I know, the Tahoe replaced the Blazer in the 90s. I did not see it mentioned anywhere, but presumably that means the Tahoe name is dead and is being replaced by the Blazer name next year? In other words, this is the next Tahoe. Sort of a retro type thing in name only.

Originally Posted By: methusaleh
Originally Posted By: Leo99
I hear "Blazer" and I picture a 2 door Tahoe. This ain't it.

That is what entered my mind as well.

As far as I know, the Tahoe replaced the Blazer in the 90s. I did not see it mentioned anywhere, but presumably that means the Tahoe name is dead and is being replaced by the Blazer name next year? In other words, this is the next Tahoe. Sort of a retro type thing in name only.

That's what I was hoping for, a 2 door Blazer, or Ford with a 2 door Bronco to compete with the 2 door Wranglers. I have a feeling I'm part of a small group that likes the look of a 2 door Wrangler, Blazer, and Bronco. If the Bronco is only offered in a 4 door I'll go with a Grand Cherokee, or another 2 door Rubicon. The GC is the only 4 door SUV I like.

I wonder how soon this will be in a airport rental car lot?

I don't think an urban millenial would want this - they want a Subie, the safe choices of Honda or Toyota or nix car ownership and just use Uber or carsharing like Zipcar.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
I'd love to see that thing try and tow my 4500lb boat. That 3.6L is AWFUL. It sucks in the Colorado, it sucks in the Traverse and it sucks in the Camaro.

I'd be excited if they brought over the TrailBlazer with the baby Duramax, but for some reason GM feels the need to offer a Trax, an Equinox, a Blazer, a Traverse, a Tahoe, and a Suburban - JUST FOR CHEVY! Then there's the GMC version of the same exact thing, Buick spinoff, Cadillac editions as well. Come on.

Stop making me buy cars from other manufacturers to suit my needs! I'm trying to like GM right now but their products aside from the Camaro and Corvette suck hard.

Crossovers are the all season tires of the automotive world. They do just about everything with lots of mediocrity.

I never understood the idea of having two (or more) identical vehicles with different brand badges. Trim levels I can understand, but having different company names? Idiotic.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

I never understood the idea of having two (or more) identical vehicles with different brand badges. Trim levels I can understand, but having different company names? Idiotic.

They think this is going to be a Grand Cherokee competitor. LOL!!!

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

They think this is going to be a Grand Cherokee competitor. LOL!!!

LOL they wish. Looking at the pictures of the Blazer the GC has no worries. It looks to me like the Blazer might even sell more of the GC. LOL

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
The new Cadillac XT5
grin2.gif

And the previous SRX
laugh.gif

ALRIGHT I GET IT!
grin2.gif

But I was thinking this was more of a CR-V, RAV-4, Tucson size vehicle which would be a real hoot with a 3.6 instead of the little turbos everyone else is going to.

Read my signature. 3.3L with 290 HP. It is a hoot to drive.

Reviews were released today. Very positive overall. Sounds like Chevrolet did a really nice job on it.

It looks like the Cherokee and the RX-350 had a kid. Not sure what folks see in these ugly big grills and slim lights.

I was able to watch the first video, muted, on my break as I'm at work. No third row seats? Or is that just an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back