Chevy brought the blazer back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Looks like the coming Bronco will win this Ford/Chevy round.

It sure does. I can't wait to see it in person, it might get me to like Ford again. I was a big Ford fan, really big! I lost my love for them over the years, even the trucks. I don't like anything they currently offer. Hopefully the New Bronco changes that.
27.gif

When I saw the title of the thread I had high hopes, what a disappointment this thing is.

Bitog clearly isn't representative of the desired demographics CUV manufacturers are so successfully selling boatloads to. These are the times we live in.

Not what I envisioned at all. Looks like a larger Trax.

I'm not seeing the point since they already have the Traverse, which I must confess doesn't look half bad at the moment. Wasn't a huge fan of the original though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Just in case things don’t work out … the 2021 model has been designed:

Yeah if only life was this simple. People don't like 2 doors anymore. IIRC, the Bronco will just be available with 4.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
All of you critics - name a CUV with a 3.6 offered.
The GMC Acadia has the 3.6 DI-I just had one as a long term rental while the Transit was getting fixed. Super torque steer when in 2WD, but it was pretty quick in AWD. Would be a good engine in a light truck-but that thing wasn't going anywhere offroad.

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
Another "millenial-oriented" which is actually just a name to throw in another crossover. They should focus what-millenials-really-want which is a 2-door manual transmission v8 beast.

2-door manual transmission v8 diesel beast

grin.gif

Yep, does nothing for me. I'll echo the sentiments. Shame on them for bringing back a name and trashing it.

At the same time, we know a 2 door won't sell today--if they brought back the real Blazer, it'd sell 10,000 units and then stagnate in sales. The OEM's do well to not bother reading forums--we don't represent the general public.

I have to wonder, "back in the day" how many of the Blazers went home and then off into the woods to get bashed. Or to the beach, or otherwise worked. I wonder if people back then had the same thoughts we do today: "ooh, I'd hate to get a scratch, that bumper looks like it'd cost $100 to replace".

That is not a Blazer.
They should have taken the Colorado frame and diesel drive-train and actually designed a (true to tradition) Blazer off of it.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
That is not a Blazer.
They should have taken the Colorado frame and diesel drive-train and actually designed a (true to tradition) Blazer off of it.

I might have a look at that …

Subaru outback.

This blazer looks like a cx-5 humped a Cherokee with some overstyled bumper thrown in from toyota.

Wish it was made in the USA as opposed to Mexico. But tons of Fords are made in Mexico was well. In this global automotive marketplace, you can buy from a company based overseas and get an American made vehicle. Or you can buy from a company based in the USA and get a vehicle made outside the USA. But we all know this. There were several organizations that fought hard to have the Blazer built in the USA.

I’m glad it’s a 4-door unibody. Because a 2-door BOF truck would have been a very poor decision because very few people want one. I want GM to be profitable. Making a 4-door Wrangler was the smartest thing Jeep ever did with their Wrangler line-up.

Anyway, this thing has been driving around for at least a year publicly and we’ve known it was always gonna be a 4 door crossover. Not sure where anyone got the idea that it ever was gonna be BOF? Or 2-door ?!

http://www.autonews.com/article/20161206/OEM04/161209911/chevrolet-midsize-crossover-spotted
http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1709-spie...ected-for-2019/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: beanoil
That is not a Blazer.

They already have this in South America and the Asia-Pacific region. That Trailblazer is based on the Colorado platform
smile.gif

Ford Explorer Sport. It doesn't quite match the displacement (only 3.5L), but 365hp and 350lb/ft sure makes up for it.

Jeep Grand Cherokee. The 3.6L Pentastar is the base engine. There's also 3 different V8's available.

Seriously? My dad's 2012 GMC Terrain.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back