Cheap Oils in Canada ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

Any good sources for cheap oils in Canada ?

I guess we should have some sweet deals on Petro Canada oils ?

What about Esso 0w30 I heard so much stuff about it ? Is it really PAO ? Any good source for that OIL ? can I used it instead of 5w20 ?

Last edited:
Canadian-Tire, Partssource, and to a lesser extent, Wal-Mart are your best places for oil deals. Kepp an eye on your weekly Canadian tire flyer for some good ones.

Petro-Canada oils are NOT a deal, they are some of the most expensive, unless you buy in bulk at a warehouse.

XD-3 can be bought at Esso distributors, but it has gone up a LOT in price.

I don't know about you guys, but my Esso bulk plant only went up 13 cents per litre on XD-3 synthetic. The 0W-30 went from $5.99 to $6.12 per litre when it went CJ-4. The stuff is made for diesels though so it has a 3.7 HT/HS and is nearly a 40-weight.

Petro-Canada oils are okay in price if you buy from a distributor but are really nothing special except the HDEO Duron. Petro-Canada has no retail presence so unless you want to pay gas station price for oil, you have to buy it from distributors by the flat.

Canadian Tire on sale and Wal-Mart regular price are the places to look. Your best bet for oil variety and reasonably low prices is distributors, but you have to keep in mind you need to typically buy in case quantity. I buy ChevronTexaco (both Chevron and Texaco), Shell/SOPUS, ExxonMobil and Petro-Canada products direct from distributors. I'd buy Castrol or Valvoline from distributors as well if I had someone local.

Last edited:
MGregoir and Addyguy

Thank You, I don't mind buying a case or 2 if price is right ...

Could you please post some random prices .. from Sopus/ or Cheveron/Texaco how much for a Case

I purchased some XD-3 0w30 from a fellow BITOGer and was wandering what to use it in. My question is how does it compare to 5w30 in a NY winter (coldest temp. of 0*F with 20 to 30*F norms). I know that 5w30 Mobil 1 flows better in these temps than 0w30 GC and was wondering if the XD-3 was the same? I'll probably use it in my GM 3.1.

Do you know if they will have 5w20 ? or 0w30 ?

Who is making supertech ? Is it good oil ?

For a 12 quart flat of Texaco Havoline DS, any grade, I was paying $40.44 ($3.37 per quart), or $3.56 per litre.

For 12 quarts of FormulaShell 5W-20 I was paying $41.15 ($3.43 per quart), or $3.63 per litre.

For 12 quarts of Chevron Supreme 5W-20 I was paying $42.84 ($3.57 per quart), or $3.77 per litre.

Esso oil hovered under $3.50 per litre. Basically, you could get litre bottles approximately for Wal-Mart's regular jug price or a little under, it'd work out around $17 for 5 litres no matter the brand.

Wohooo those are sweet prices !
I need to looks for some distributors !

I will stock up

12 Quarts Texaco
12 Quarts Shell
12 Quarts Chevron

If I will find some distributors that will sell it to me... :)

36 Quarts under 150$ just crazy

lool google is not helpful locating distributors in GTA area :D

for 150$ I can get 15 Liters of M1 from Walmart ..

Last edited:
As a benefit for members of ACCCC, I now have accounts with Esso and PetroCanada so that we can get Esso XD-3 Extra and PC Duron. I'm not that far from you (Fort Erie) so PM me if you need anything.

In this order for off the shelf oils:

Walmart - almost all the time and if there is a sale.
TSC if there is a sale
Canadian Tire if there is a sale
Parsource if there is a sale

Canada WalMart SuperTech is made by Safety Kleen, which is an actual company, with production facilities. ALL 5w20 SM conventional oils are now group 2+, and 5w30 SM is all group 2.
As long as you change it regularly, it will work as advertised.
For MYSELF - I wait for the once a year TRUE Canadian Tire sale of Formula 1 synthetic, which goes on for half price, and THEN stock up a 2-3 year supply. In the winter, you can use 100% F1 synthetic, for spring and fall, use 50% ST conv, 50% F1 synthetic 5w30 - and in summer I prefer 50% ST conv with 50% F1 synth 10w30.
This is the only good and cheap method in Canada. You can buy 20 litre pails of ST at WallyMart for $40, which is 2$ per litre, and I was getting 4.4L of F1 synthetic at CT last fall, for 15$, or 3.40 per litre. By making ur own blend, u get a good cheap oil.
Note: Canadian Tire will frequently run "phony" sales of 25% off.The "real" sale only comes once a year, so you are forced to look at the flyer every week. If u resent having to look at the flyer on a weekly basis to save a few dollars, the buy the F1 at 25% off, which is still a much better price than other synthetics, or just pay regular price for ST synthetic at WallyWorld.

Great, Thank You Guys

And who is making Formula 1 oils Synthethic ones ?
Are those any good ?

Last edited:
Oil is like healthcare in Canada. Even if it's free it still costs something
06.gif

I use the Canadian Tire brand synthetic in my Cabriolet because it uses 5w50 and it works great... I just got some Rotella 5w40 on sale at TSC to use next!
grin2.gif

My Walmart has Pennzoil jugs for $11.88 right now... careful, only the 4.4L jugs are this price, the 4.73L jugs are $18.xx.

And keep an eye on the rebate/sale forum, sometimes you'll find a Canadian deal posted.

Originally Posted By: Vilan
My Walmart has Pennzoil jugs for $11.88 right now... careful, only the 4.4L jugs are this price, the 4.73L jugs are $18.xx.

And keep an eye on the rebate/sale forum, sometimes you'll find a Canadian deal posted.

Yeah sometimes, like when we get a politician in power that actually makes the world a little better. It's super rare but it does happen.
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back