Cheap Oils in Canada ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week in my area...

Canadian Tire has Pennzoil YB 4.4 liter jugs for $14.99

PartsSource has Mobil 1 4.4 liter jug + 1 liter bottle for $37.99

Another place is Costco. If you have a membership they sell different 12-liter cases pretty cheap - in Ontario, tends to be Formula Shell, GTX, and Syntec.

I have an unsubstantiated theory that Canadian Tire's oils only come in three quality levels, and Nugold, Autolab and red bottle are all exactly the same stuff.

They all look the same and smell the same too. Don't ask me how I know this.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
I have an unsubstantiated theory that Canadian Tire's oils only come in three quality levels, and Nugold, Autolab and red bottle are all exactly the same stuff.

Pretty much.....you can check all the oil part numbers here http://msds.canadiantire.ca/search.asp they all point to Shell MSDS sheets with the exact same specs.
Walmart in Ottawa/Gatineau has PP on for $21 a jug for 5w & 10w/30. F1 synthetic is regular $29 at CT, but when on sale is $20. Even at $29 it's a good deal. Just check the flyers online every friday. I also got some F1 dino in the silver bottles for $2.22 a litre on sale.

Wal-Mart's Super Tech 5w-30 and 10w-30 are on sale this weekend for under 9 bucks a jug. SM-rated stuff.

Stock up folks!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Another place is Costco. If you have a membership they sell different 12-liter cases pretty cheap - in Ontario, tends to be Formula Shell, GTX, and Syntec.

Unless you find a coupon, or a major clearance, you'll be supremely disappointed in the price.

Originally Posted By: Hitzy
Pretty much.....you can check all the oil part numbers here http://msds.canadiantire.ca/search.asp they all point to Shell MSDS sheets with the exact same specs.
Walmart in Ottawa/Gatineau has PP on for $21 a jug for 5w & 10w/30. F1 synthetic is regular $29 at CT, but when on sale is $20. Even at $29 it's a good deal. Just check the flyers online every friday. I also got some F1 dino in the silver bottles for $2.22 a litre on sale.

I religiously watch the CT flyer for F1 dino to go on sale. I haven't seen quarts go on a worthwhile sale (i.e. 30% off or more) in almost a year, and that applies for any brand of oil. Only the jugs go on sale regularly nowadays, ever since they implemented that stupid "eco fee" (read: more TAXES!
mad.gif
). I'm not a fan of jugs, however, because I'm always left with between .3L and 1.3L of "fresh" oil. Just a psych thing I guess, not a fan of dumping something in my engine six months after I opened the bottle, even if I know it'll be fine.

Oilriser; let's just say you would be right. Stick with the Formula 1. We've replaced intake gaskets on a "few" GM's that the owner had been using F1 for quite a few years(it's our least expensive oil change package), can you say clean engine? However it's easy it's easy to spot if the owner likes Quaker State. Not pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back