Champ XL Oil Filter Efficiency

Isn't that the same filter as the $5.48 Supertech 20K MP at Walmart? The MP7317 looked exactly like that E-Core except for blue instead of silver and a yellow coded bypass instead of blue.
Like this MP3614 with an orange button and blue ADV?

IMG_2320.JPG

Isn't that the same filter as the $5.48 Supertech 20K MP at Walmart? The MP7317 looked exactly like that E-Core except for blue instead of silver and a yellow coded bypass instead of blue.

My understanding was that the Supertech filter had a filtration efficiency of 99% @ 30 microns while the Champ XL is 99% @ 20 microns, hence my reference to the comparison between those two with the Fram Orange Can and Tough Guard.

My understanding was that the Supertech filter had a filtration efficiency of 99% @ 30 microns while the Champ XL is 99% @ 20 microns, hence my reference to the comparison between those two with the Fram Orange Can and Tough Guard.

The info I have is the 10K ST is 99% at 30 Micron. I have no specific info on the 20K MP.

Pricing is actually pretty darn good if you order from RockAuto. I use the look-up feature on the Champ Filtration website. For some unknown reason, RockAuto does not have the filters categorized so the filters are not showing up when you search by Year/Make/Model.
leave Part Number blank then
select Champ/Luber-Finer then Engine then Oil Filter 'Search' ... you will have some interesting part numbers.

Just ordered one of these PH2867XL’s today for my Type-R from Rock to give it a shot if I receive the e-core one pictured earlier in the thread.

Was a die hard ultra user. Have a RP on it now but that cost per filter even at direct discount is a downer.

Rough equivalency:

Supertech MP = Fram Orange Can w/silicone ADBV
Champ XL = Fram Tough Guard w/silicone ADBV
Royal Purple = Fram Ultra w/wire backed media

The problem is that Fram has moved away from those designs and they are becoming harder and harder to find while I feel like Champ has stepped up their game.
Seems weird they're owned by the same company! At least the RP isn't a lot more expensive than an average Ultra, $2-4 more. Worth it if one is going to extend OCIs, IMHO.

Seems weird they're owned by the same company! At least the RP isn't a lot more expensive than an average Ultra, $2-4 more. Worth it if one is going to extend OCIs, IMHO.

The Royal Purple and Champ XL are both recommended for up to 15000 mile intervals. The biggest difference between the two is that the Royal Purple has wire back synthetic media while the Champ XL uses cellulose blend media without any additional backing.

I personally don’t run oci’s that long. 6000-7500 typical. We’ll see when it arrives. May order 6 RP’s from direct in the long run. It’s a fairly potent car that I do run out the gears on a bit. Cost is not an end all / be all issue on this.

It’s also an internal struggle that synthetic wirebacked media is superior to the syn/cellulose blend.

I do like the RP quite a bit however the Champ XL looks pretty good for my use case.

The Champ XL filters appear to be very similar, if not the same, as the older Mobil1 filters when Champion Labs was making them.
I'm currently running a couple of them. I can get them from my local wholesale parts supplier for about $5.99 each.

I ordered a case of 6 after the first one came in. Going all in on the Champ XL on my type-r for the next couple years. Built well. Only thing diff vs a RP is the media and I’m ok with that with a ~$9 diff per filter.

I ordered 4 and got them about 2 weeks ago. For $4.09 each, that’s a pretty good deal. By the time you pay tax and shipping, wound up being about $7.50 each. I noticed the date code was 121919 and everyone is complaining about supply issues?

I'm tempted to get one of the Champion XL filters for the next oil change coming in the Fall. Anyone been using these long term?
I had one on my 5.3l Silverado when I traded it in on my new to me 2018 2500 6.0l. I did an oil change the next day after bringing it home and put one on. It's only been on less than a month and a few hundred miles though.

I had one on my 5.3l Silverado when I traded it in on my new to me 2018 2500 6.0l. I did an oil change the next day after bringing it home and put one on. It's only been on less than a month and a few hundred miles though.
Somebody on ebay selling 6 , PH48XL for $42 free shipping.

Rock auto has them at $4.08 or less per filter. I also had a $50 gc to rock auto. :love::geek:
I kept adding more and more to my cart to get free shipping and never did get to the free shipping..How many does it take to get free shipping ? It's gotta be more than 12. I ended up getting a deal on some Wix 57060 from another website.

Back