Champ XL Oil Filter Efficiency

Found the same with searching for topic model. Just add to an existing order, use a 5% off code and hope to get a relatively recent production line part!
The spin-on's are priced pretty well - most are in the upper $3.xx range.

Cartridge filters are a bit pricey.

Look at what showed up in the mail today! Unless I am mistaken the build date is 12 May 2021. Biggest difference between this and other Champ XL filters that I have seen is that this one has an E-CORE and I for one welcome our new nylon overlords 🐜

20220303_122537.jpg

20220303_122243.jpg

20220303_122450.jpg

20220303_122444.jpg

Nice! Looks exactly like the updated RP e-core 10-2867. Baseplate and all; except for media/canister(?)/purple ADBV.

The Royal Purple 10-2867 I have on hand has a build date of 29 July 2021 and as far as construction goes everything seems identical aside from the filter media and colors used. I do want to try out this Champ XL ASAP and if it holds up as I would expect it to I think it will become my new go-to oil filter. It looks and feels rock solid 👍

these look nice, but shipping kills it. I think the supertech MP filters are pretty similar and a better value.

these look nice, but shipping kills it. I think the supertech MP filters are pretty similar and a better value.

Rough equivalency:

Supertech MP = Fram Orange Can w/silicone ADBV
Champ XL = Fram Tough Guard w/silicone ADBV
Royal Purple = Fram Ultra w/wire backed media

The problem is that Fram has moved away from those designs and they are becoming harder and harder to find while I feel like Champ has stepped up their game.

Got my box of 48
Note that the date code on the Champ Labs XL filter in the video above is 071917 = Jul 19, 2017, and the video was posted on YT on May 25, 2021. So looks to be old stock. Wonder what the date code will be on the RockAuto LX?
Got mine in today. I opened one over lunch and it was 19xx19 so 2019 manufacturer apparently. I'll take pics and post when I get home from work.

Got my box of 48

Got mine in today. I opened one over lunch and it was 19xx19 so 2019 manufacturer apparently. I'll take pics and post when I get home from work.
Date code format is mmddyy ... so first two digits of 19 seems strange - ??

Recently, someone suggested Champ XL line as an option in another thread. I found the PH2867XL for my car on RockAuto for under $4; before shipping.

So, I sent an email to their tech support about that particular oil filter asking for the efficiency rating.

I was emailed back stating the PH2867XL is 99% at 20micron. I wonder who makes them? Their email was firstbrandsgroup. Isn’t that the same as who owns Fram?

Anyway, just passing along the info. It was from a tech support line specifically so it may hold more weight as being accurate. I would put it on par with a PureONE at least therefore.

.02 cheers

Isn't that the same filter as the $5.48 Supertech 20K MP at Walmart? The MP7317 looked exactly like that E-Core except for blue instead of silver and a yellow coded bypass instead of blue.

Last edited:
Trying out the 3.6L Pentastar Cartridge filter this oil & filter change, P1009XL on the Durango.

We'll see in a few months if it twists up like the rest of them.

Back