Champ XL Oil Filter Efficiency

Recently, someone suggested Champ XL line as an option in another thread. I found the PH2867XL for my car on RockAuto for under $4; before shipping.

So, I sent an email to their tech support about that particular oil filter asking for the efficiency rating.

I was emailed back stating the PH2867XL is 99% at 20micron. I wonder who makes them? Their email was firstbrandsgroup. Isn’t that the same as who owns Fram?

Anyway, just passing along the info. It was from a tech support line specifically so it may hold more weight as being accurate. I would put it on par with a PureONE at least therefore.

.02 cheers

First Brands Group owns Fram and Champion Labs.

I see their XL line as superior to an M1, being 99% at 30micron; unless somehow the holding capacity is terrible on the XL but it is marketed as an extended service option.

Note that the date code on the Champ Labs XL filter in the video above is 071917 = Jul 19, 2017, and the video was posted on YT on May 25, 2021. So looks to be old stock. Wonder what the date code will be on the RockAuto LX?

Note that the date code on the Champ Labs XL filter in the video above is 071917 = Jul 19, 2017, and the video was posted on YT on May 25, 2021. So looks to be old stock. Wonder what the date code will be on the RockAuto LX?
Hmm, I would hope the backstock wouldn’t be that old just as a preference. I would trust RA to be a little more consistent with that as opposed to say a random Amazon seller; where it currently is sold for $8.99 (same price as PureONE)…

Recently, someone suggested Champ XL line as an option in another thread. I found the PH2867XL for my car on RockAuto for under $4; before shipping.

So, I sent an email to their tech support about that particular oil filter asking for the efficiency rating.

I was emailed back stating the PH2867XL is 99% at 20micron. I wonder who makes them? Their email was firstbrandsgroup. Isn’t that the same as who owns Fram?

Anyway, just passing along the info. It was from a tech support line specifically so it may hold more weight as being accurate. I would put it on par with a PureONE at least therefore.

.02 cheers
Let me know who you emailed that actually responded, I’ve asked on Champion Labs website about the standard cheap jobber filters what the efficiency and bypass rating is on the PH500, no response yet.

Let me know who you emailed that actually responded, I’ve asked on Champion Labs website about the standard cheap jobber filters what the efficiency and bypass rating is on the PH500, no response yet.

93% @ 20 microns, bypass spec varies but they previously listed that information on the website in a PDF.

93% @ 20 microns, bypass spec varies but they previously listed that information on the website in a PDF.
Thanks, I'm halfway there! Good enough for a beater car filter. I'm mainly wondering if the PH500 has the 22 PSI bypass (newer GM) or the older 8-12 PSI bypass (older GM), not sure if a combo valve could do 22 if it wanted to.

I like those filters, but would want to know the dates they were made. I just bought some Motorcrafts from Amazon and they were made like three weeks before. I can’t imagine they sell boatloads of these XL filters. I didn't even think they were still made.

Back