Champ XL Oil Filter Efficiency

I kept adding more and more to my cart to get free shipping and never did get to the free shipping..How many does it take to get free shipping ? It's gotta be more than 12. I ended up getting a deal on some Wix 57060 from another website.
From RA? I have no clue. I bought 6 filters and some other stuff to reach the $50 limit of the gc I had.

RockAuto says they dont have free shipping.

Free Shipping?

Shipping Costs

I've seen a couple post on here claiming free ship but, I've never seen it.Thanks for the clarification.
Maybe the give free shipping promos sometimes? 🤷‍♂️

Or maybe someone saying that means they added some small/light stuff to their order and it didn't increase the shipping cost.

I cannot guess how much I have spent at Rock Auto. Several thousands, at least an order a month for six - seven years. Never gotten free shipping
When I started doing is looking at shipping locations and if something is needed add items that ship from the same warehouse for my stock on hand. They charge a high charge for even one filter. Say 9.00. But order six and shipping may be 12.00. But order three small items from three different warehouses and shipping may end up at 30.00.
Back on topic, Ordered four XL’s for the new Subaru 2.5l. Not as nice as the black Subaru filters from Japan. Those look like an origami artist folded the pleats in media. But those never were a 3.86 a pop filter.
Will start using the XL filters after the four free dealer oil changes are completed. The Subaru US filters are rebranded Fram with paper end caps.

I cannot guess how much I have spent at Rock Auto. Several thousands, at least an order a month for six - seven years. Never gotten free shipping
When I started doing is looking at shipping locations and if something is needed add items that ship from the same warehouse for my stock on hand. They charge a high charge for even one filter. Say 9.00. But order six and shipping may be 12.00. But order three small items from three different warehouses and shipping may end up at 30.00.
Back on topic, Ordered four XL’s for the new Subaru 2.5l. Not as nice as the black Subaru filters from Japan. Those look like an origami artist folded the pleats in media. But those never were a 3.86 a pop filter.
Will start using the XL filters after the four free dealer oil changes are completed. The Subaru US filters are rebranded Fram with paper end caps.
Check the filters when you get them, they have a batch of mislabeled PH2867XL's! See my post here: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/3-champ-hp4477-oil-filter-free.358137/#post-6198133

Thanks for the heads up! The ones I received were the correct filters. BUT before giving on a pipe dream I attempted to get a stash of the black Japanese oil filters.
Googled and found the Mazda R3N1-14-302 were almost identical. Found them at a supplier that I have ordered from multiple times. They even had a quanity limit. Thought better get them while I can. Ordered enough to get free shipping.
What showed up were the miniature oil filters. Checked website and the description had changed along with a three dollar price increase.
I was told these would work, pic is the little Mazda filters next to a dealer supplied Subaru filter (paper end cap Fram) I am going to use while dealer changes the oil.

Attachments

• 9CA6A8FA-2400-465C-BDAC-B77D119909E1.jpeg
    9CA6A8FA-2400-465C-BDAC-B77D119909E1.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 62
  • C703CB5B-4514-48DC-BACC-1A425188F1FE.jpeg
    C703CB5B-4514-48DC-BACC-1A425188F1FE.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 62
Recently noticed these filters and looks like from here they are going to be my new go to filter for everything.

I used to run FUGs on just about everything I have and my wifes car. I do run a FTG on my Highlander. These are less then half the price yet with essentially same filtering specs. Sounds like a no brainer.

I just bought 6 2867XLs from RA, production dates are all 07/2022. Looks like a nitrile ADBV now, or is it possible it's black silicone? I've never seen silicone dyed anything else but orange...I'll be quite disappointed if it's nitrile as I see from previous pics in this thread it used to be silicone.

Attachments

• PXL_20221211_193944714.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221211_193944714.MP.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 70
  • PXL_20221211_194020803.jpg
    PXL_20221211_194020803.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I just bought 6 2867XLs from RA, production dates are all 07/2022. Looks like a nitrile ADBV now, or is it possible it's black silicone? I've never seen silicone dyed anything else but orange...I'll be quite disappointed if it's nitrile as I see from previous pics in this thread it used to be silicone.

I recently ordered 10 of these same filters from RockAuto and every single one of them had a black anti-drain back valve which I presume to think is nitrile rubber and not silicone. Oh well, I am still going to use them and not worry too much about it.

I recently ordered 10 of these same filters from RockAuto and every single one of them had a black anti-drain back valve which I presume to think is nitrile rubber and not silicone. Oh well, I am still going to use them and not worry too much about it.
Same here. I just got my 12 in from RA and all were black adbv. Most likely nitrile but I doubt it’ll affect anything. More likely than not they put the nitrile on the champ xl because people were complaining about the Fram lineup lol

Same here. I just got my 12 in from RA and all were black adbv. Most likely nitrile but I doubt it’ll affect anything. More likely than not they put the nitrile on the champ xl because people were complaining about the Fram lineup lol
You know RA used to list their filter efficiency they don't do that anymore I quite buying from them. Their website has changed a little and it is not nearly as user friendly as it used to be. To bad their loss!

I noticed the last order didnt show the Warehouse next to the item in the cart. When I added 3 oil filters to my main item the shipping stayed the same so I now have 2 more Champ XL 10064 for my stash and an extra Luber finer filter for the Cruze.

99%@20

That's not correct according to their website. You see where it says:

Oil Filters​

All Champ oil filters use filtration media engineered with a variety of natural and synthetic fibers to provide up to 98% efficiency while offering optimum capacity and flow restriction.

Any 1 of their filters are no better than 98% efficiency. Seems to fly in the face of what they are saying to people through email.

https://champfiltration.com/products-2/oil/#:~:text=Champ oil filters not only meet, but normally,efficiency while offering optimum capacity and flow restriction.

99%@20

Oil Filters​

All Champ oil filters use filtration media engineered with a variety of natural and synthetic fibers to provide up to 98% efficiency while offering optimum capacity and flow restriction.

Any 1 of their filters are no better than 98% efficiency. Seems to fly in the face of what they are saying to people through email.

https://champfiltration.com/products-2/oil/#:~:text=Champ oil filters not only meet, but normally,efficiency while offering optimum capacity and flow restriction.
I don't see the particle size at 98% efficiency in that Champ Labs link for the XL.

99%@20

Oil Filters​

I'm not sure where you found that, but the text doesn't match what the actual Champ website states if you go directly to their website. The wording is under the "Champ" heading, and does NOT say "All Champ filters", it says "Champ filters" - the reason that is significant is because below that the XL line has a separate description. Not sure if I'm just not finding what you linked or what?

I don't see the particle size at 98% efficiency in that Champ Labs link for the XL.
Right... Who brags about 98% efficiency? One that can't meet 99% efficiency @ 20?

If they were any better than 98% efficiency wouldn't you think they would like to shout it out for the world to see? Isn't 99%@20 the gold standard? IF they were 99%@20 why in the world would they reference an odd ball 98% efficiency or no efficiency rating at all?

I just don't see any confidence in these filters actually producing 99% without some better reading material from the company.

Last edited:
Back