Cereal: which ones do you eat?

Lucky Charms, Honeycomb, Golden Grams, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Apple Jacks, Fruit Loops, Cap’n Crunch (with berries of course), Waffle Crisp (which was discontinued and I really miss) I’ll eat Cheerios with sugar or Honey Nut Cheerios. Wheaties too. I eat all of those I try to avoid cereal though as it isn’t a meal only a snack.
Pretty much my list as well, but add Boo Berry, Franken Berry and Cocoa Pebbles. :)

cereals are junk food!! even whole grains are converted into fast carbs that raise blood sugar requiring you to make insulin to reduce the sugar surge!! add skim milk + its even WORSE!! OBESITY is rampant today + BELLY fat is the worse!! to get healthy check out Dr Sten Ekburg.com

cereals are junk food!! even whole grains are converted into fast carbs that raise blood sugar requiring you to make insulin to reduce the sugar surge!! add skim milk + its even WORSE!! OBESITY is rampant today + BELLY fat is the worse!! to get healthy check out Dr Sten Ekburg.com
I know something that's even more junk, the anti-science ramblings of a quack chiropractor who has no medical standing when pontificating about these subjects.

Processed cereals with added chemicals, sugar and modifiers are junk. They spike your blood sugar, make you hungry, make you eat more. Plain oats, minimally processed have a low glycemic index, have a stabilizing effect on blood sugar, and because of high fiber content bind not only dietary cholesterol but also keep you feeling full longer and they make sure the mail keeps coming.

Processed cereals with added chemicals, sugar and modifiers are junk. They spike your blood sugar, make you hungry, make you eat more. Plain oats, minimally processed have a low glycemic index, have a stabilizing effect on blood sugar, and because of high fiber content bind not only dietary cholesterol but also keep you feeling full longer and they make sure the mail keeps coming.
I can easily skip breakfast and make lunch my first meal of the day without feeling very hungry, but if I eat oatmeal (plain rolled oats style) in the morning, I'm starving by lunch and feel like I'm having low blood sugar.

I can easily skip breakfast and make lunch my first meal of the day without feeling very hungry, but if I eat oatmeal (plain rolled oats style) in the morning, I'm starving by lunch and feel like I'm having low blood sugar.
Oatmeal is not my breakfast. It's my snack before I run 5 miles in the early morning. Afterward I have breakfast, which is high in protein with some fat and few carbs. I cannot skip breakfast because my energy level will drop if I don't eat. I have a snack a couple hours before lunch, usually an apple, a banana, some figs or dates. Just enough carbs to get me going.

Count Chocula was my favorite as a kid. It's only available around Halloween now and actually I prefer chocolate Lucky Charms. I also eat graham crackers broken up like cereal.

Your last thought after you step off the curb and look to your left and realize you’re going to get ran over by a bus in a millisecond.......D@#} I should have had that bowl of Fruity Pebbles for breakfast! :eek:

I'll agree many are but to say whole wheats are converted to sugars so quickly is hog wash.

Count Chocula and Cocoa Puffs were all time faves until they changed the formula. Now they’re both nasty.
They've changed ALL of them. Even Crunch Berries lost something over the years. The berries don't taste that good anymore. Franken Berry really suffered from a recipe change. No doubt they found (or invented) cheaper ingredients.

My sister went vegan recently, and has started giving me unsolicited advice on my diet. She said that eggs are the new cigarettes. Apparently, every egg you eat takes a day off your life. LOL. These folks crack me up. My dad is 86, and lord only knows how many eggs he's eaten. 86 is older than I ever care to be, if I'm honest. I need to work eggs into lunch and dinner. :LOL:

Cereals: the grain crop of any grain-bearing grass (wheat, rye, rice, barley, oats, corn, sorghum)
Commercial breakfast cereals: Sugar and additives plus some of the above, usually the cheaper varieties)

buckwheat does not come from grass, it's a pseudo grain.

Back