Cereal: which ones do you eat?

My sister went vegan recently, and has started giving me unsolicited advice on my diet. She said that eggs are the new cigarettes. Apparently, every egg you eat takes a day off your life. LOL. These folks crack me up. My dad is 86, and lord only knows how many eggs he's eaten. 86 is older than I ever care to be, if I'm honest. I need to work eggs into lunch and dinner. :LOL:
Beef is a plant based food.

My sister went vegan recently, and has started giving me unsolicited advice on my diet. She said that eggs are the new cigarettes. Apparently, every egg you eat takes a day off your life. LOL. These folks crack me up. My dad is 86, and lord only knows how many eggs he's eaten. 86 is older than I ever care to be, if I'm honest. I need to work eggs into lunch and dinner. :LOL:
Eggs always got a bad rap. They are actually very healthy. It's the margarines with the trans fat is what is bad and contributes to cardiovascular disease.

Processed cereals with added chemicals, sugar and modifiers are junk. They spike your blood sugar, make you hungry, make you eat more. Plain oats, minimally processed have a low glycemic index, have a stabilizing effect on blood sugar, and because of high fiber content bind not only dietary cholesterol but also keep you feeling full longer and they make sure the mail keeps coming.
Gluten rich oats. That is just as bad as sugar and is responsible for many illnesses..

Gluten rich oats. That is just as bad as sugar and is responsible for many illnesses..
Oats are naturally gluten-free. Oats that are processed with machinery used for other grains may contain small amounts of gluten. In either case, I tolerate gluten just fine.

Shredded wheat with a banana or fruit. Mostly rolled oats with a banana mixed some water and nuked. Processed = bad is my point of view.

Depends on the weather:
Cold winter days like now: organic oatmeal microwaved for 2 minutes with water then add some unsweetened coconut milk, a hint of maple syrup for sweetness, pumpkin seed, craisin/raisin, and a tablespoonful of peanut/almond butter for some protein.
Not so cold days or not enough time: Mini wheats (regular or brown sugar), raisin bran, or Vector with either unsweetened almond, soy or organic cow milk. Plus whatever fruit in the fridge.
With cereal, I usually have a slice of carb (bread/bagel/croissant) and fried egg white. Black coffee to drink for beverage of choice.
My wife questions how I can eat pretty much same thing every single morning without getting tired. Sometimes routine isn't bad to start the morning.

Oats are naturally gluten-free. Oats that are processed with machinery used for other grains may contain small amounts of gluten. In either case, I tolerate gluten just fine.
Oats are not gluten free no matter what you read. You being gluten tolerant is irrelevent here, what about others.

Oats are not gluten free no matter what you read. You being gluten tolerant is irrelevent here, what about others.
I don't tell anyone what they should or should not eat. Those who have a problem with gluten should not eat it. As for pure oats having gluten, no. They do contain a protein similar to gluten, avenin, but it is tolerated by most people who have a gluten intolerance. Have you ever kneeded a dough made with only oat flour? There is zero elasticity due to the absence of gluten.

Used to eat Malt o Meal when brother and I were young. Nowadays it’s oatmeal with some berries or applesauce. What cereal do you folks enjoy?
I don't eat boxed cereal like I did when I was a kid.
I eat some oats in recipes, and pressure cooked Thai Jasmine rice.
I also like flourless sprouted wheat bread and wheat seitan.
Potatoes are my favorite starch and I eat a lot of them.
I like to eat potatoes most every day.

Occasionally cinnamon life if it's on sale, but usually fiber one, or Quaker oats cereal. Super high fiber and fills you up.

i NEVER eat any cereals + little other grain products + are healthier for it!!! i enjoy bacon + eggs + more eggs + meats + my blood pressure + triglycerides improved, cut your carbs that raise blood sugar that requires insulin a fat storage hormone to control until it can't aka type II diabetes that YOU cause + can CURE as well. Dr Sten Ekburg explains "how the body works" + how to fix it unlike modern SICKCARE that only treats the symptoms + keeps you on unnecessary meds. type II diabetes is ramped + one look at ALL the overweight + obese both young + old shows how POOR the foods + drinks are today, its up to YOU to care for your health!!! another issue as Ekberg + others notes is the extremely TOXIC oils commonly used, not vegetable oils but seed oils highly processed with toxic chemicals + hydrogenation for a loooong shelf life while it shortens yours!!! real butter pork fat + tallow along with coconut oils are ALL healthier as they are STABLE saturated fats!!!

Last edited:
i NEVER eat any cereals + little other grain products + are healthier for it!!! i enjoy bacon + eggs + more eggs + meats + my blood pressure + triglycerides improved, cut your carbs that raise blood sugar that requires insulin a fat storage hormone to control until it can't aka type II diabetes that YOU cause + can CURE as well. Dr Sten Ekburg explains "how the body works" + how to fix it unlike modern SICKCARE that only treats the symptoms + keeps you on unnecessary meds. type II diabetes is ramped + one look at ALL the overweight + obese both young + old shows how POOR the foods + drinks are today, its up to YOU to care for your health!!! another issue as Ekberg + others notes is the extremely TOXIC oils commonly used, not vegetable oils but seed oils highly processed with toxic chemicals + hydrogenation for a loooong shelf life while it shortens yours!!! real butter pork fat + tallow along with coconut oils are ALL healthier as they are STABLE saturated fats!!!
I'm not the only one who has called out the quack chiropractor you keep promoting. Yet you never respond to me nor anyone in defense of that quack. Why not? You only keep posting the same quackery over and over.

Back