celcius and fahrenheit match this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's -40 C or F here this morning
eek.gif
Have a fire going, big mug of hot coffee, Max our little dog in my lap, and some catch up time on BITOG - so life is good (as long as I don't go outside).

It's cold when the dog goes outside and does "its business" quickly.
It's REALLY cold when the dog slinks away and finds a place inside to do its business.

I feel sorry for our little dog (9 lb Maltese) when it is this cold out. He gets a treat when he comes in, after having to go out in this weather. That helps somewhat, but this morning he stuck his nose out the door for a few seconds then turned around and came back in. Maybe when it warms up to -35
crazy.gif

We are going to -20c (-4F) again on Wednesday. It's nothing like -40c (which I have experienced) but since I lost a ton of weight the cold goes right through me. I was at my dads yesterday screwing around with his scan tool in his garage and had his stove running at full blast. He came out and was like why is it so hot in here....
lol.gif

Yikes! Stay warm. I was just complaining to the Wife its will be near zero F all next week at night and never get above freezing .

does Mobil have a M1 minus10W20 yet?

Cold goes right thru me too, I used to work outside year round and frost-bit my fingers and toes too many times. Now I have trouble keeping them warm, even with good winter gear.

I'm in Savannah, GA right now. Shorts and short sleeves are the way to be comfortable today. I think I'll pass on the brutal cold.

Originally Posted by Cujet
I'm in Savannah, GA right now. Shorts and short sleeves are the way to be comfortable today. I think I'll pass on the brutal cold.

I would pass too if I could. Oh well, spring will be extra sweet this year with the miserable winter we've had.

Originally Posted by carviewsonic
... I used to work outside year round and frost-bit my fingers and toes too many times. Now I have trouble keeping them warm, even with good winter gear.

Me too. I'm not sure I understand (medically) how that happens but I have a finger that gets cold much faster than the rest, and even feels cool to the touch. And it's not Raynaud's phenomena.

It's another good reason to live on the coast!

Originally Posted by ecotourist
Originally Posted by carviewsonic
... I used to work outside year round and frost-bit my fingers and toes too many times. Now I have trouble keeping them warm, even with good winter gear.

Me too. I'm not sure I understand (medically) how that happens but I have a finger that gets cold much faster than the rest, and even feels cool to the touch. And it's not Raynaud's phenomena.

It's another good reason to live on the coast!

Well, yeah but the coast hasn't been having a pleasant winter either.

I don't see how you guys can tolerate that cold weather up there, I gripe and complain when it gets down to 20-30 around here. It's supposed to get down to 19 tomorrow night and Monday night, I will not be a happy camper during the morning hours. -40, forget that! Lol

Originally Posted by gathermewool
The admin here should offer a coffee-mug version of this:
cheers3.gif

That's a good idea..
01.gif

Originally Posted by HemiBenny
I don't see how you guys can tolerate that cold weather up there, I gripe and complain when it gets down to 20-30 around here. It's supposed to get down to 19 tomorrow night and Monday night, I will not be a happy camper during the morning hours. -40, forget that! Lol

My Grandparents (Mom's side) spent their winters in Florida, and I hope to do the same when I retire (as long as health permits).

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Well, yeah but the coast hasn't been having a pleasant winter either.

True enough. This is by far the worst winter we've experienced here. We had a few days in a row that didn't get above freezing. If that had kept up I would have had to empty my rain barrels.

We had a windstorm before Christmas that knocked out our power.

And we had a big snowstorm about 10 days ago that delivered 2 feet of snow. That's the second snowstorm in our 5 winters here. I don't count a few flakes that melt as they hit the ground. The snow from the first one lasted a couple of days. I shovelled our driveway mostly to be able to say I had done it. The snow from this one is now in the second week. It gets above freezing every day (highs of 5 - 7 degrees C) but that's just not warm enough to melt all of it. At least I don't have to mow the lawn.

It's been a hard winter by local standards but actually nothing much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back