Caught a trash dumper yesterday

Living in the sticks does have it's disadvantages. One is some people think that they can drive down any dirt road to dump trash instead of paying to take it to the dump.

Someone has been dumping large amounts of trash and we were not able to catch them.

Till yesterday. Seems he got stuck. Cops came etc. I'm sure that tow bill was not cheap. Definitely more than the $60/ ton the dump charges.
IMG_20210822_181005417_HDR.jpg

I caught one years ago dumping on my pasture. He claimed had permission, then started getting aggressive. He did not know I had already called the sheriff, who drove up as he was getting threatening to ram my old truck and shove it out of the way. Then he tried to run, tried to hurdle the barbed wire. That was entertaining. I never did get any restitution. But they did send out some juveniles on weekend detention to clean up the mess and a country truck hauled it away. There was meth in the truck of course.

Rod

Now THAT'S a deplorable. Good work.

Cops should give him a "man-to-man" offer; reload it and you can leave. When the dumper balks, arrest him and bring in a "county approved" clean up team. Hit him with a fine and the clean-up bill. Then revoke his license or triple any licensing fee in the name of a mandatory electronic tracking device. No "mail-in" fine here. Turn his testicles into apple sauce.

Last edited:
I had the roof replaced on my old house.
The contractor had a roll-off placed the day before he showed up.
I think I went to get a cup of coffee or maybe just blinked and there was a mattress tossed in it.

Was he trying to dump out the contents of the container/dumpster and it fell off ?

Was he trying to dump out the contents of the container/dumpster and it fell off ?
He backed up off the street and either got stuck and tried to dump it or moved it back to lessen the weight on the front wheels. I think the latter. When the spinning wheels hopped and the truck bounced the bin slid off the side as there was nothing to prevent it from doing so.

Back