Cats Dilemma

People also abandon cats when they move to a place that doesn't allow pets, or feel they can no longer afford to feed the cat, or they get a new baby, or they claim a new allergy, and other reasons. A domesticated cat, dumped in a feral cat colony can be a bad thing for the domestic cat.

Most shelters are full this time of the year b/c it's kitten season. They should free up more soon.
Not only.
Also because of the CXXXXX event, a lot of people took pets in and than just change mind or life change. All shelters around me full to capacity and pretty much begging for adoption.

Back-to topic: Buy the special friend food or treats (separate from your cats). Have a blast with somebody that listens to you. Still guard your indoors.
And yes: You CANNOT make an outside cat into a completely indoor cat. Can't compare the hunt+all the smells and stimulation from being outside.
Just watch them after the rain....

That was pretty Krappie thing to do. I would try to find him and, like suggested, adopt him.

I've been feeding Manny 2x a day. In about 2 weeks I bring him to the county where they will get him fixed.
After that, I'm not sure what they will do with him but I'm sure he will be released to be a mostly outdoor cat.
He was never meant to be an indoor cat.
I had to have one of my cats put down the other day, my best buddy, and at this time, I'm not planning to adopt any more cats.
I love cats but they can be expensive, and are very finicky eaters, plus work and worry, and the grief if you lose one of them.
I will keep helping with the local stray cat problem to TNR.

Luke Pose 2.jpg

That was pretty Krappie thing to do. I would try to find him and, like suggested, adopt him.
If you read the previous replies, you would know this cat is an outdoor cat, and if WCAS says that's true, it's true.
They handle hundreds of cats a year, and if anyone knows about cats, they know.

My vet suggested I stop feeding the Manx cat because doing so might have been affecting how my cats were refusing to eat many foods. So I did what I could do for my own 3 house cats, and ended up having to put Cubby down anyway. So you may think it was "krappy" but I did it to try to save the life of my own cat, and it didn't work. He was refusing to eat and I even resorted to feeding him pureed canned food in a syringe, but I lost him anyway. What I did shows I would have done anything to improve the health of my own cats.

Last edited:
If you can take care of one, do it. If you can't then don't.
It's much harder to deal with emotionally once you get to be the crazy cat lady.
(You've noticed: the easiest way to get a cat is to have one already. The strays seem to pick up on cat people.)

You can have the two mockingbirds in my yard. Useless noisemakers.
Our vet told us a cat can sense another cat from very far away.

Back