Casual walking shoes for trip to Italy

Have you been to Italy before? We really enjoyed the walking tours we took in Rome and Florence. Next time we go we will visit the Amalfi coast.

From the pictures in the shoe links provided either of the 2 real shoes may be OK. The white bottomed thing is a slipper.

That the slipper is only available in a small range of whole sizes with no provision for width shows you they're nothing but lounge wear.
After repeatedly telling a friend to break in a pair of real shoes before coming to NYC, he arrived in old Keds and bought greatly reduced, blue, fake leather boat shoes as his touring footwear. He later complained bitterly of leg pain as I walked his @$$ all over town.

When I worked the number of butt-head guys who'd wear the "$30 white leather shoes" sold from the trunks of cars was amazing.

Last edited:
I have not however my wife "studied" abroad and did alot of traveling. She is my tour guide.
Italy is amazing. I'm not Catholic or religious but the tour that we took of The Vatican was great. Highly recommended.

Back