Castrol GTX HM 10W-40 $1.65/qt AAP

Picked up 6 more 5qt jugs of GTX 10w-40. I didn't want to drive out of my way to take a chance there, but then today I finally had another reason to head in that direction, so I stopped by the store. The store manager was the only one there on a Sunday morning, and he was very helpful, and brought the oil out from the back. This store had a very large inventory area in the back and very small front retail area, he said they do mostly commercial sales there and that it was a former carquest location.

Castrol GTX HM 10W-40 $1.65/qt at Advance Auto

Price and availability might depend on location.

Must be like when I worked dealerships and AAP had Castrol european oils on discount. This was 6-8 yrs ago when the formulation and packaging must have changed so the 5 qt containers were down to about $6 a container. I bought all 7 they could gather locally of 5w40 synth.

Last sat I got 5 qts for .05 Then sunday I went to a other store that didn’t really discount it for months walked in asked for a price check the manger saids it no longer in the system and say what do you pay I said 2$ a qts he go on the computer and comes back 2$ for 6 single qts and 4$ for 2 5qt jugs. I’m now for sure there no more in the 6 or 7 stores near me

Could someone please look at one of their receipts and give me the 6 digit p/n for the 1 quart HM? For example the 5 quart jug is 1597C2.

Still trying to get one of my rebates approved. It is for (6) 5qt jugs of the GTX 10w-40 HM. Apparently they don't recognize the 6 digit transaction number from my receipt. I have found out this is probably an issue with the store being a previous Carquest. I have other receipts here to compare to, and this one looks like Carquest style receipt, other than saying Advance Auto Parts at the top.
The rebate center said I could email them a picture of the receipt. I also have the rebate form that printed at the time of purchase, and it shows the qualifying purchase information.
I guess I should have just mailed this one in, instead of trying to put it through online. Although either way it sounds like it has to be manually approved at some point, so your still up to the mercy of someone to approve it and for the correct quantities and dollar amounts.

So... I know a lot of people got "Approved" for large amounts. But has anyone taken further steps and actually received their promised gift cards yet?
There's nothing else to do but wait. AAP rebate gift cards take forever to arrive IME.

Edit: or have I misunderstood and we are to mail in the rebate forms once they're approved?

There's nothing else to do but wait. AAP rebate gift cards take forever to arrive IME.

Edit: or have I misunderstood and we are to mail in the rebate forms once they're approved?
If I understand it correctly: we are to mail the approved rebate forms, along with the receipts for the purchases, and only after that do we get the gift cards.

Still trying to get one of my rebates approved. It is for (6) 5qt jugs of the GTX 10w-40 HM. Apparently they don't recognize the 6 digit transaction number from my receipt. I have found out this is probably an issue with the store being a previous Carquest. I have other receipts here to compare to, and this one looks like Carquest style receipt, other than saying Advance Auto Parts at the top.
The rebate center said I could email them a picture of the receipt. I also have the rebate form that printed at the time of purchase, and it shows the qualifying purchase information.
I guess I should have just mailed this one in, instead of trying to put it through online. Although either way it sounds like it has to be manually approved at some point, so your still up to the mercy of someone to approve it and for the correct quantities and dollar amounts.
Yep, I emailed them a pic when they declined and they approved it within 24 hours. I was actually impressed.

I never done that. And lost my receipts since getting "approved" for the rebate. So now just wondering if there is still a chance of getting that, or are my chances of getting the rebate are just as lost as those receipts are.
If you have a SpeedPerks account you should be able to view your purchase history on their site. This may be sufficient in lieu of an actual receipt(?)

Back