Castrol Edge 10W-30 on clearance for $2 a qt at AutoZone YMMV

If I said I strayed into the back room to “use the bathroom” and scout out the hidden clearance, would that make me a bad guy? I once found THREE CASES of 99 cent/gallon Delo 400 SAE 30 that way…:whistle:
I would have to tell them "it will be a while" so I can take my time to scout everything out.

My local store seems to randomly restock, but like other people's experiences, you've gotta order in store pickup
They mysteriously can't find it when I walk in, but store pickup it's always ready
They also must've mistaken the label, they snuck in half a dozen or so of the $12 per qt HM variety
I wouldn't pay extra for it, but I'm not complaining 🤔

This will do nicely in burning H/K engines, when the Total 5w40 runs out 🙄

It's probably not the best oil ever made, but for $2 per qt, I'd hate to waste anything more expensive 🫰
1000009866.jpg

1000009849.jpg

Last edited:
I already have enough, but it's so cheap 😭
Why does it keep repopulating 🤔
I hope oil burning Theta IIs like it, because I'm keeping the good Total oil for other better purposes
1000009896.jpg

Yet again I got a "free upgrade?" to the HM variety
I wonder why that happens
Wrong inventory/stocking or just indifferent person putting things in the box to fulfill?

Is there a VOA/PDS for this stuff?
Anything particularly good/bad about it, or just a generic synthetic?
View attachment 205118

Likely the workers are not paying attention or they can't actually find the regular Edge 10w30. It's a nice upgrade. I wouldn't complain.

Nothing wrong with this oil. If you care, the HM is advertised as a 10k mile oil. It's a good mid-level synthetic.

Most likely the regular Edge 10w30 is a slow seller. Seen various clearances over the last few years with 10w30's. The HM version is still sticking around due to most vehicles that officially call for this grade have high mileage. They only have so much shelf space and newer vehicles are calling for thinner oils, so they have to make room.

It's still out there, hiding in various stores
Anyone know what the date code translates to?
View attachment 211340

Digging through some older threads, there was a response from Castrol on date code:

So based on that 21309 stands for the 309th day of 2021, so November 5th, 2021.

The Castrol Edge 10w30 that I picked up for $2 had similar late 2021 production date.

Back