Castrol EDGE 5W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic vs. Quaker State 5W30 Ultimate Durability Full Synthetic

I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. I have been using Castrol EDGE 5W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic and have been thinking about switching to Quaker State 5W30 Ultimate Durability Full Synthetic. Can someone please tell me the Pros & Cons, which is better or if there is another oil that is recommended.

Thank you

cs.jpg

qs.jpg

Either should be up to the max recommended drain interval. I don't see any real advantage of one over the other in that engine (3.6). I would buy whichever is on sale.

Is the Quaker state ultimate durability made from natural gas like Pennzoil and rotella t6?

Is the Quaker state ultimate durability made from natural gas like Pennzoil and rotella t6?

It didn't use to be at least officially. Now with SP GF-6A maybe or it might be a traditional GIII/GTL Blend. Of course you can never tell when SOPUS may substitute GTL for traditional GIII anyway.

Here's my response from Shell

Enquiry: Re: Quaker state
Response:

Hi Ryan,

We do not claim that QS Ultimate Durability is made from 100% natural gas. It may have some natural gas components of the synthetic base stock. So far, Only Pennzoil Platinum products are what we claim and advertise as made from 100% natural gas synthetic basestock. Thank you for your interest in our product

Here's my response from Shell

Enquiry: Re: Quaker state
Response:

Hi Ryan,

We do not claim that QS Ultimate Durability is made from 100% natural gas. It may have some natural gas components of the synthetic base stock. So far, Only Pennzoil Platinum products are what we claim and advertise as made from 100% natural gas synthetic basestock. Thank you for your interest in our product

Same as SN+. If it is we ain't saying. My guess is they tested with the minimum GIII+ it took to make their numbers. That allows them to write across excess GTL at any time without retesting. At times I suspect 100% of the base is GTL.

Back