Castrol EDGE 5W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic vs. Quaker State 5W30 Ultimate Durability Full Synthetic

Where do you find this information? I have searched and I only see that it has minimal moly, not high moly.

The search function works great here. There are different forms of molybdenum. The ppm numbers themselves don’t tell the whole story.

Edge.jpg

QS.jpg

Hmm I don’t see that sort of value on there, which one is it?

How come you changed your user name?
That previous use name was given to me by default because I didn't pay attention and I didn't like it so I changed it.

I've used Castrol Edge 5w-40 straight for 2 years to see how well it does under city and rough driving. It performs well, it has a decent detergent package, and contains titanium oxide I think to help bring the friction coefficient down. 5w30 Edge doesn't shear all too much , i've tested this with air cooled engines during the summertime here in the south, while when I used Mobil 1 5w30 and 5w20 because it was cheap, it sheared down and almost destroyed my air cooled engines somehow after 30 minutes.

Castrol makes decent oils, I prefer their conventional over synthetics for my engines. The synthetics are very high quality oils although. So yes, I'd go with Castrol 5w30 (and i'm a person to use 15w40, straight grade, or 20w50 only in all of my cars) that's how confident I am with this synthetic.

I’m a Castrol fan so I say Castrol but I’ll run anything that’s name brand and preferably conventional but synthetic will do for modern stuff.

Back