Castrol 5w30 magnatec 5qt prices.. walmart/amazon??

Everyone's oil is taking a leap in price. Got three Jugs of Magnatic 5W-30 a year ago for $15 and change per Jug. Yesterday at O'Really's Every 5 quart Jug of full synthetic in the store was over $30.

Everyone's oil is taking a leap in price. Got three Jugs of Magnatic 5W-30 a year ago for $15 and change per Jug. Yesterday at O'Really's Every 5 quart Jug of full synthetic in the store was over $30.
O'Really's is overpriced as is almost every other autoparts store, if you're not taking up on their oil change bundles, oil is completely overpriced at the parts stores, the oil change bundles can be ok but usually wally world has them beat by a few bucks but buying the oil on it's own at shelf price at a parts store is ill advised if you're looking for a deal.

O'Really's is overpriced as is almost every other autoparts store, if you're not taking up on their oil change bundles, oil is completely overpriced at the parts stores, the oil change bundles can be ok but usually wally world has them beat by a few bucks but buying the oil on it's own at shelf price at a parts store is ill advised if you're looking for a deal.
Yes I know that. That's why their stock is now $600 a share. The only thing I use O'Really's for anymore is to recycle my oil and I just happened to be in the store so I looked at their oil prices.

Went to Walmart today. There was plenty of 5w30 FS Magnatec on the shelf for $19.96. All is well.
thanks for the update! I went to another walmart to check, still the same as what you found, $19.96

And amazon's price is STILL double that of the local walmart.. is this because Bezos left as CEO and the new CEO is cashing in??

thanks for the update! I went to another walmart to check, still the same as what you found, $19.96

And amazon's price is STILL double that of the local walmart.. is this because Bezos left as CEO and the new CEO is cashing in??
I bet Amazon is feeling the impact of rising shipping costs with no virtually no presence in physical retail distribution.

I bet Amazon is feeling the impact of rising shipping costs with no virtually no presence in physical retail distribution.

that's an interesting theory.. if that turns out to be true, then we'll see more and more of amazon's products going up in price compared to what you get at a regular retail store. thanks for that thought!

hey arco.. are you going to yell at the kids and tell them to get off your lawn? i'm asking for a friend.. 🤣
🤪

hey arco.. are you going to yell at the kids and tell them to get off your lawn? i'm asking for a friend.. 🤣
🤪
I don't have a lawn, I have a poison ivy patch.
Not directed at anyone in particular, but:
Continue to ruin this Nation with laziness, apathy, selfishness and greed. Go ahead. Live in this mess you make.

The price hike is likely due to Amazon being out of stock. Third party sellers can get the buy box and control the price when Amazon has no stock. I'm just about due for an oil change on my 3.5 Ecoboost. What's a good alternative to Magnatec 5W-30? Should I go 10W-30, Edge, or a different brand? I usually do changes in line with the OLM recommendation. It has 125K miles on it.

UPDATE: Looks like Amazon finally came to their senses and lowered the price back to what it should be for Magnatec 5w-30 5qt bottle! Very strange how they jacked up the prices, I know algorithm, just didn't make sense..

here's a link.. and it's shipped/sold by amazon, not a 3rd party..

The 5W-30 is back in stock. I just picked some up from Walmart a couple of weeks of ago. I guess whatever shortage there was has been resolved.

The price hike is likely due to Amazon being out of stock. Third party sellers can get the buy box and control the price when Amazon has no stock. I'm just about due for an oil change on my 3.5 Ecoboost. What's a good alternative to Magnatec 5W-30? Should I go 10W-30, Edge, or a different brand? I usually do changes in line with the OLM recommendation. It has 125K miles on it.
Halvoline ProDS gets you 6 quarts for the same price. It's a good oil too

Back