Castrol 5w30 magnatec 5qt prices.. walmart/amazon??

Usually Walmart or even Amazon was a place I'd buy a 5qt jug of Magnatec 5w-30.. But I had to share this insanity.. When did Magnatec become $50+ at Amazon?! It's usually around $20 a jug both at Walmart and Amazon.. I checked Walmart they're upped their prices for more than Oreilly! Oreilly is usually the most expensive.. Just had to vent.. wow..

Did I miss a meeting? lol.. when did this stuff become this overpriced? I just bought a jug from Walmart 2 weeks ago! it was less than $20..
Treating it as if it is the last of a series as it appears to be repackaged/relabeled. Sent email to Castrol, but no response yet to verify.

Treating it as if it is the last of a series as it appears to be repackaged/relabeled. Sent email to Castrol, but no response yet to verify.

yeah I think that was what was really going on, thinking it would be "rare" they jacked up the prices! Now that the new packaging of magnatec is out the prices fell back to what they always were.. You don't need to hear back from Castrol there was a thread/post here that has already confirmed magnatec is now something like "full synthetic" in a white bottle. I found the specs in a pdf on castrol usa's website (posted it here in that thread) and the specs are almost identical.. same stuff..

The response I received.

Back