Castrol 0w40 Woopla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
In Germany though to be called full synthetic it needs to be FULL SYNTHETIC and its funny how people say this is the SAME EXACT OIL that is sold in Europe? Ok which one then?

http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/Fusion...XE-8MAC2R_0.pdf

Quote:
To say though this is the SAME EXACT OIL though? Would love to know how you know that exactly?

There is a guy who works for Castrol that posts here. He confirmed it. Besides, it carries all the same approvals and has the same physical specs. If it walks like a duck and looks like a duck...

Quote:
Just folks on this Board go a little overboard and begin conspiracy theories.

I know, right? Kind of like this guy:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3775276

Everyone knows if you use Castrol products your engine will only last 300,000 miles. That's why I use SOPUS products... hoping for 300,001 miles! I'll see how Mobil holds up, but I swear... if I only get 299,999 miles out of my engine I'm going to write them a stern letter.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: VR6
Everyone knows if you use Castrol products your engine will only last 300,000 miles. That's why I use SOPUS products... hoping for 300,001 miles! I'll see how Mobil holds up, but I swear... if I only get 299,999 miles out of my engine I'm going to write them a stern letter.
wink.gif

I can vouch for ExxonMobil products and getting more than 300,001
wink.gif

In my VW, when revving the motor up to higher rpm's, it doesn't seem as loud and just seems smoother with the Castrol. Also, it doesn't drink the Castrol as fast as the M1.

Seems everyone has a "friend" where they get their info from but never say who and where the info is from. So the census is that this oil we buy at Wal-Mart for $21 is the same exact product sold in Germany? If so cool beans.

Gotta love the scarcasm on this site just makes you want to come back for more. Just like some cheesy soap opera you hate but keep watching anyway haha.

My Dad can vouch for Castrol too been using it since 1960 in his bug that he still has using 30w Castrol since new on the original motor.

I haven't noticed any difference yet. I will see how it holds tbn vs the M1 after 5k miles.

Jeff

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
In Germany though to be called full synthetic it needs to be FULL SYNTHETIC and its funny how people say this is the SAME EXACT OIL that is sold in Europe? Ok which one then?

http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/Fusion...XE-8MAC2R_0.pdf

Quote:
To say though this is the SAME EXACT OIL though? Would love to know how you know that exactly?

There is a guy who works for Castrol that posts here. He confirmed it. Besides, it carries all the same approvals and has the same physical specs. If it walks like a duck and looks like a duck...

Quote:
Just folks on this Board go a little overboard and begin conspiracy theories.

I know, right? Kind of like this guy:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3775276

Ha.

Awesome.

Jeff.
Metallica wrote a song off load. Not their best work however I'm reminded of the song whenever you post.
It has to do with a king.
Where's your crown.

Jeffs2006EvoIX said:
Seems everyone has a "friend" where they get their info from but never say who and where the info is from. So the census is that this oil we buy at Wal-Mart for $21 is the same exact product sold in Germany? If so cool beans./quote]
I can't say what's in the bottle. I have no dog in this fight. I do, however, know that the wording about not being for sale outside the Americas is on every Castrol bottle I've seen, from GTX on up, so very little can be read into that.

What do you read into the notion that we pay much more for oil in Canada than you do in the States, yet still get the same labeling disclaimer?

Originally Posted By: glxpassat
In my VW, when revving the motor up to higher rpm's, it doesn't seem as loud and just seems smoother with the Castrol. Also, it doesn't drink the Castrol as fast as the M1.

Same here. Seem smoother with Castrol. Had same feeling with 0W30 GC.

I think the black can has the same oil as the golden can I can buy in europe. The golden says manufactured in E.U. but the barcode is from Germany, and the specs are the same.
The black vs golden can could be a marketing action for US, and that´s why it says "not for sale outside america"

Originally Posted By: Najarro
The black vs golden can could be a marketing action for US, and that´s why it says "not for sale outside america"

All Castrol products in North America say that, including GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back