Castrol 0w40 has disappeared, suitable replacement?

I stocked up on the Castrol 0-w40 for the 4.2 40V several years ago. Used all the German and down to three jugs of the Belgium manufactured oil.
Noticed it is not on shelf at Walmart since COVID. The 5-w40 looks fine for Houston weather, maybe better this time of year.
Does anyone make a 5-w40 Euro High Mileage oil?

2005 Audi A8 4.2, 110,000 miles.

I stocked up on the Castrol 0-w40 for the 4.2 40V several years ago. Used all the German and down to three jugs of the Belgium manufactured oil.
Noticed it is not on shelf at Walmart since COVID. The 5-w40 looks fine for Houston weather, maybe better this time of year.

5w40 is same stuff but a lot cheaper made

just buy the 5w30 a3b4 instead

No there are no high mileage oils with European approvals but you might find one with an ACEA sequence. Just use any that you can find with the correct approval, there are likely several at Walmart or on Walmart.com. Like you mention the winter rating is completely irrelevant in Houston.

It's back in Canada as well, at least in the Toronto area, in the 5L jugs. Just picked some up at Canadian Tire on sale for $38. New bottle design but still made in Belgium. Much quieter valvetrain in my E63 than the Mobil 1 0w40.

It has been back at Walmart in the US, online only though in my area. I can report similar findings for my M272.

Is all I use in my turbo car, Castrol 0w40 euro formula, is around $29 on Amazon. Just bought some.

I just ordered a 3 pack of M1 0w40 at about $5.20 a quart. Great deal. Since it’s a port injected motor, it seems like it best 40w value.

Back