Castrol Euro 0w40 is back at Amazon for 28.50 for 5 quart jug

Looking at its July 2022 data sheet at Castrol it still list BMW LL01 as a recommended application

I see that Edge 5W-30LL is also back in stock at the new and improved price of $40.20. Quite a bit more than the $21.62 it used to be, which was a steal for a 504 oil.

I imagine with the recent inflation rise, this will be the new normal price point it settles at. Great oil and have used it for years, however I think they took out some PAO and made a couple other tweaks to lower the cost of manufacturing. Doubt is has LL-01 APPROVAL, as none of the 0W-xx oils retained it after the 2018 update. None of the 6 jugs in a recent purchase has it on the label.

Price drops to ~$25, and is more competitive with M1, then maybe we have something. Glad I stocked up on it and the LL back before the shortage and subsequent sticker shock.

Ouch a little pricey but I was planning on getting some as it should be LL-01....(not that I think it matters that much as I'm using M1 right now that has the designation)

Back