Cars you OWNED and Loved to drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
1958 Triumph TR3-fun except in rain. Electrics by Lucas-the prince of darkenss- very unreliable- but so cool with top off and side curtins off-no roll down windows!

1955 chevy 2-door sedan- stock but fun would eat the 2 speed auto transmission as I lowered the front end

1970 mustang with 351c engine & Holly 750-factory air and factory stereo 8-track very fast also would eat auto transmissions.

1976 BMW 2002 Jade green 4 speed with sunroof and dealer installed air -NO PS crude but fun

1983 BMW 525e -metallic tan 5 speed a slow very reliable "tank" that loved the road

1995 BMW 525i- love it! Smooth, quiet, handles well, great mileage, solid with classic looks. Plan to keep it a long time

Still wish I had these cars as I enjoyed them all. Now there are several others I do not want back. They include, but not limited to the Buick, Oldsmobile, Chrysler van and a possibly a studebaker bullet-nose. Not sure about the stude.
smile.gif

8 TRACK
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I had forgot about those. I had one in my 68 Cutlass and in my 1977 Cutlass. Can you believe that it can in the 77 Cutlass stock. I loved them. Peace....
cheers.gif

1989 Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe... Supercharged 3.8L, Lots of torque, M5R2 Mazda 5 speed manual trans. Shifted like a dump truck, but a fun fun car.

1996 Ford Thunderbird LX... 01 Bullitt Mustang Motor, Vortech Blower, 373 Gears, 4000 Stall Converter, Need I say more.

1987 Buick Grand National-turbochared 3.8L V6. Black with factory tinted windows, one of the best looking cars I have ever seen.

69 Z-28. Rough ride, no AC or power steering and poor mileage but it was a sweet ride and a real chick magnet!

1970 Karman Ghia with a JC Penny high performance muffler. Ideal first car. 50hp but sounded like an F1 car to me.

1993 Porsche RS America- a stripped 911-no A/C, no power steering, minimul sound insulation. A wonderful, balanced car to drive. I really wish I had held on to that one!

2000 Corvette Coupe. Mildly modified. Amazing acceleration! Solid handling, but a bit large. Great street car.

I would descibe the Porsche as a razor and the Vette as a sledgehammer.

Keeping my eyes open for my next great car.

1969 Olds Delta 88 coupe ragtop (aka "da tank"
laugh.gif
) 2 bbl. Rochester 455
crazy.gif
with a "tree on the tree" manual, AND working air conditioning (yes, this car was probably a "one of 20", or something, and I should have held onto it!)

1983 "Rabbit" GTI; one of the most "tossable" cars ever made (in Westmoreland, PA. BTW). NO; air, power steering, or factory radio. Crank windows, sunroof, tight ratio 5 speed. I installed adjustable Konis, Momo steering wheel, Bridgestone RE-71s, and a Gillet exhaust and drove the p*** out of it.

1990 T-Bird SC. Solid torque monster, handled GREAT for it's size/heft, but too expensive to modify, and overly complicated/exorbibtantly priced ABS system that could not be bypassed if something went wrong with it. Sold it and got;

2000 Z28. I look forward to driving this car EVERY DAY and have NOT grown tired/jaded of it for 7 years!!!!
Ordered a "factory lightweight" no options (except for P.S. cooler) car (crank windows, manual EVERYTHING, 6 speed T56).
NEVER has failed to start, run GREAT, get good hwy. mileage, kick most everything's a** out there, DESPITE the false opinion of most/some on here. All for < $20K new. I would say more, but you asked us to "keep it positive".
wink.gif

Well I've had 2 cars in my life(I guess more like 3 with the 1992 Chevy 1500),a 2004 Toyota Matrix and a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix. The Matrix had better PS but the Grand Prix has better pick up. At leaset the Grand Prix doesn't have a lot of rattles like the Matrix did.

1971 Plymouth Valiant Scamp with 1970 Roadrunner drivetrain transplant (383CID, 4-speed manual, limited-slip rear, performance cam and more). Had brown seat covers for the passengers, and a yellow one for the driver.

1972 Plymouth Duster. Roomy in front. Slant-6 economy. Liked the body styling. And, how many folks nowadays can say they drove a three-on-the-tree tranny? Allowed female to snuggle right up to the driver on that flat bench seat with no impediments to the female's slithering saucily across the span.

1990 240 SX ; made you feel like a pro, you could put it in any attitude you wanted,just needed more motor!
1998 Contour SVT made to be run hard all day;very germanic.

my2c
Jorge

I've owned a lot of fun cars!

My first new car was a 1988 Dodge Shadow ES Turbo, I factory ordered that car to get it exactly how I wanted it, black with grey interior, 5 speed manual, no other options. I wanted the lightest Dodge car I could get with the turbo engine, and this car only weighed 2700 lbs and had 146 hp (but that was underrated I believe) That little car would hang with some pretty big dogs, including a friend's 87 350 Iroc Camaro (it would hang with him from 0-50 mph anyhow)

My next fun car was a 1987 Mustang GT, dark grey with red interior, 5 speed, no options except for power windows and air conditioning.

Then I got a 1984 Corvette. It was a great looking car, with aftermarket wheels, an aftermarket skirt package and a custom pearl white paint job on it. Fun to drive, stiff suspension but a mechanical nightmare. I couldn't afford to keep it (I was only 21) due to all the repairs it needed to keep it going.

I then got another 1987 Mustang GT, this one the reverse of the previous one (red with grey interior) Eventually I put a Paxton Supercharger on it, repainted it Candy Apple Red, and it went 12.1 at 112mph in the quarter mile. Loads of fun!! I kept that car for 7 years (the longest I've ever owned a car with the exception of the Honda-which is my wife's so it probably doesn't count)

At the same time that I had that Mustang, I also owned a 1995 Trans Am which I bought brand new in 1996. It was dark green with tan leather, t-roofs, automatic with 2.73 gears. It went 13.94 at 98 mph in the quarter mile in bone stock trim, then with a few simple mods it went 13.54 at 101.5 mph.

I then sold the Mustang and traded the Trans Am and factory ordered a 1998 Firebird Formula. My first LS1 powered vehicle! I wanted a lightweight car for drag racing, so the only options I put on it were t-roofs, keyless entry and GSC tires. It was a 6 speed manual. With a bunch of free mods it went 13.08 at 108 mph in the quarter, then I added 4.10 gears, drag radials and an exhaust cutout and it ran 12.68 at 110.6 mph.

I made a huge mistake by trading that car for a 1997 Grand Prix GTP, although I must admit the GTP was a load of fun to drive, especially when I put a smaller blower pulley on it and got rid of the restrictive stock airbox in favor of a large cone K&N filter. With those two mods it ran 13.78 at 100mph in the quarter!

I then traded that car for a 95 Firebird Formula. It didn't have too many options on it, just automatic, 3.23 gears and traction control. It went 13.74 at 100mph bone stock, and 13.68 at 101 with an SLP exhaust.

Then I finally got what I truly wanted! A 1998 Corvette. Black on black, automatic with 3.15 gears. It's my current daily driver. With just a Vararam cold air kit and a dyno tune, it has run a best quarter mile of 12.81 at 109 mph. It's a blast to drive, in every way! Best car I've ever owned! In a few more years when my debt is more under control and the used prices come down, I'll pick up a nice 2006 Corvette (with the six speed automatic) but until that time I'll enjoy every minute of my current Corvette!

Quote:

1970 Holden HG monaro 350 Chev. 1971 For Falcon GTHO Phase III Clev Boss 351 (ex Bathurst 500 race car). Stolen unfortunately.

Sorry about your loss but I am envious nonetheless.
drool.gif

1977 Datsun 280Z. 170 hp inline 6, I believe. The thing I loved about it was on the entrance to the interstate I could step the rear end out and powerslide at will, steering with the throttle. It was fun going to work every morning starting out like that!

1994 Saab Aero. 225 Turbocharged HP decent handling (for front wheel drive) and different looking.

1998 Audi A6 twin turbo and AWD. Fun, powerful, comfortable.

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan. For the money and performance, a VERY nice car. (Well, I had to put this one in the list because it might get jealous if I left it out!)

Most fun? '94 Taurus SHO with a 5 speed. Surprized more than a few people with it.

Runners up: '94 SHO with the autotragic, '88 5.0 w/ an AOD, and a '89 Shadow ES 5speed (I wouldn't mind picking up another one of these to rebuild/mod).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back