Carry gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
LCP II is a great choice as well. I use that as my pocket if I can't get away with something bigger, but it's a fantastic shooting gun with nothing more than Talon grip tape for me and a little paint on the front sight.
I have the 7 round clip which adds a little extra grip for the pinky finger. I normally use that clip at the range

Carry : Stock Glock 48 9mm w/ Upgraded Trijicon Sights.. have about 1200 rounds through it, zero issues and it's nice and slim for IWB or OWB carry
Home : Glock 19 with Agency Arms Workover and Upgraded Trijicon Sights and Streamlight, just topped 5000 rounds through it and no issues. It sleeps next to me.. Other options on each level of the house...

I cycle through other guns into my rotation for work but the above are what always comes back..

Carry: Walther PPS M2 9mm
Home: Walther PPQ M2 9mm
My home gun is a Walther PPQ M1 9mm. I like the paddles for mag drops and since they are on both side of the trigger and me as a lefty, it’s easy to drop the magazine with my left hand trigger finger.

Since folks were chiming in on their carry ammo... What’s your carry gun? Or home defense gun? Or both?

Glock 19 in GunVault safe on my side of the bed for home. Same G19 is my go to carry, too. Ruger LCP is my “I don’t want to carry a gun today” gun.

Wife has G17 in GunVault on her side of the bed. G26 is her carry. His and hers situation; all her’s are bigger. 😶
You could always chest carry a Glock 40 to resolve any disputes over whose is bigger 😂

1F407A87-7D70-4E27-99AE-A5897E1B49A2.jpeg

Sig M-18 with Wilson Combat compact grip. Still finding the perfect IWB/OWB combo. LOVE the manual safety and likeness to the M17 I carried in the Army.

Carry- Taurus Curve which fits nicely into a Klein Tradesman cell phone holder with belt clip.

For home, can't beat a 12 ga cylinder barreled shotgun. No need to aim, just point.

Carry
Summer Shield 9mm, RM380 (saved me from pitbull attack),
Winter Glock 26

Home: Ruger P95 9mm. Such a nice heavy gun. So easy to shoot
Mossberg 500A with Surefire on board light

Really? No aiming required?

What’s the spread at say, seven yards (across a room distance)?
Much better chance of hitting an intruder than a single projectile at seven yards. If you are one who is firing in the dark, emptying your whole clip until you hear someone hit the floor, you have to realize those bullets can exit through your wall and possibly enter a neighbor's home.Hopefully you realize this and being sarcastic.

Much better chance of hitting an intruder than a single projectile at seven yards. If you are one who is firing in the dark, emptying your whole clip until you hear someone hit the floor, you have to realize those bullets can exit through your wall and possibly enter a neighbor's home.Hopefully you realize this and being sarcastic.
Not sarcasm, rhetoric.

The shotgun pattern at seven yards is 2-4” depending on load, barrel, and choke.

Point is, that with a 4” spread, max, It’s just as easy to miss with a shotgun as it is with anything else. It is not magic. Your odds of hitting aren’t significantly different.

You absolutely must aim a shotgun as accurately as you aim any firearm in a self defense encounter.

“No need to aim” is myth.

"Firing in the dark ,emptying your whole clip until you hear someone hit the floor" is insane . What idiot would think that's a good idea ? With any kind of weapon .

"Firing in the dark ,emptying your whole clip until you hear someone hit the floor" is insane . What idiot would think that's a good idea ? With any kind of weapon .
Because firing in dark with a narrow pattern of 00 Buck will magically work, whereas other projectiles will not. 🤷‍♂️

Look, if 00 Buck magically spread out at 7 yards, to a human size target, then you couldn’t hunt deer with it, because the spread at 50 yards wouldn’t hit anything. Basic arithmetic would tell you that.

Besides, if I’m emptying a clip, I’ve got a Garand in my hands, and the bad guy is in deep, deep trouble…at any range…

Because firing in dark with a narrow pattern of 00 Buck will magically work, whereas other projectiles will not. 🤷‍♂️

Look, if 00 Buck magically spread out at 7 yards, to a human size target, then you couldn’t hunt deer with it, because the spread at 50 yards wouldn’t hit anything. Basic arithmetic would tell you that.

Besides, if I’m emptying a clip, I’ve got a Garand in my hands, and the bad guy is in deep, deep trouble…at any range…
I'm not arguing about patterns or which projectile is better . My point is about firing ANY weapon in the dark when you can't see what your shooting at . Unless you live alone and nobody else has a key to your home , firing blindly is pretty stupid .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back