Carry gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith & Wesson SW40VE .40 cal, The recoil is similar to a 9mm....At least it feels that way compared to other .40 cal pistols I've shot.
I'm due for a upgrade after 16 years of carrying the same pistol......

1st gen Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm with Barnes hollow point ammo. Been my carry for past 4+ years and will likely be my carry for a long time. Most reliable pistol I’ve ever used and I never have a doubt in my mind that it will function reliably. IWB holster in the small of my back in the 4-5 o’clock position.

Last edited:
Usually G19 with HST's. I have two I rotate thru.
Glocks.jpg

I don't carry that often, but I use a Polish P-64 in 9x18 Makarov. Sort of a copy of a Walther PPK with some changes. I changed out recoil and trigger springs. The 9mm Mak is just a hair above a .380 ballistically. .365 bullet vs. .355 for all the other 9's. P-64 is compact but all steel, only a 6 round magazine. Ready home use is mostly a N frame Smith revolver in 45.

Had been carrying the Springfield hellcat RDP for the last year or so but recently purchased the Springfield Hellcat pro. Springfield really knocked this one out of the park. It’s in a very strange category size wise. It shoots like a much bigger gun, holds 15+1, but then conceals like a micro 9. Do it has the capacity and shootability of a G19, but conceals like a G43. I had the OG hellcat and the RDP and wouldn’t consider either a fun range gun but they were great to conceal. The new hellcat pro through I enjoyed the heck out of shooting at the range. Then it conceals just as well as the OG hellcat and the RDP.

I have the 43X, P365. I have shot the Hellcat and taurus G4. To me the P365, G4, Hellcat are about the same. The 43X brings up the rear.

For small, the Ruger 380 LCP II is my choice. When moving to larger 9mm the Hellcat is nice but my Ruger P89 shoots the smoothest although large and heavy!

Since folks were chiming in on their carry ammo... What’s your carry gun? Or home defense gun? Or both?

Glock 19 in GunVault safe on my side of the bed for home. Same G19 is my go to carry, too. Ruger LCP is my “I don’t want to carry a gun today” gun.

Wife has G17 in GunVault on her side of the bed. G26 is her carry. His and hers situation; all her’s are bigger. 😶
How superior is a Glock 19 to a Glock 17.. or is it?

Piles of guns to choose from, so I pick what I feel is the best, depending on situation. I rotate thru various handguns for carry and home defense, and rifles/shotguns for home defense.

In my regular rotation, depending on situation, include Glocks, Sig Sauers, Walthers, HKs, Remington, Mossberg, Ithaca, and various ARs, AKs, FALs, and M1As.... Let's just say I'm prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back